Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
VA Hunter Check IN >

VA Hunter Check IN

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Hunter Check IN

Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Spike

I'm from the Fredericksburg area, will be hunting Spotsylvania, Fauquier, Madison, and Hanover.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Bristow VA. Hunting in the following counties Loudon, PW, Fauquier, Culpeper, Madison, Fairfax and Green.

Where are you hunting doves on Saturday? I can't wait to get in the field.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by eng40sqd
Where are the inlaws Butch? I have Inlaws in NY as well, up near Lockport/Tonowanda and about 35 minutes east of there as well.

I thought about maybe hooking up with some of the guys from NY on here and swapping out a hunt but probably will not be this year.
Hey Justin...

My sister & brother-in-law live in Brookfield, NY (teeny tiny little town, approx. 1600 people (if that), in Madison Co, in upstate NY a little south of Utica, Southeast of Syracuse.

Tonawanda? I've been there many times and at one point, lived in military housing across from Niagara Falls AFB in North Tonawanda. My wife is originally from West Seneca (suburb of Buffalo), and a bunch of inlaws out there have told me I can come up and hunt with them too.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JerryHS
Hunting from Sandston, Amelia is good but don't overlook Pocahontas. I work by Fort Lee and intend to hunt Pocahontas after work.

Jerry
Say what? Amelia WMA is good?

Dude, Amelia gets slammed with like 800,000 hunters!!! I mean, you get there real early, get set up, and when the sun comes up, the whole place looks like a freakin' pumpkin patch! Been there, done that, never again...

How do you do it?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Spike

If you see a pumpkin patch, you've missed 6 weeks of good hunting.

Jerry
Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Spike

Hunting Accomack County, Eastern Shore!! Also, have some spot in Chesapeake and Suffolk i frequent.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Spike

From Newport News, hunting King william, King and Queen, Essex and Bath counties
Old 09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

i live in augusta county where i hunt mostly. i also hunt in rockingham,highland,bath,nelson,albemarle and amhurst. i had a great 08 season its going to be real hard to top,but i'm seeing some great bucks on hunting property near my house. last yr. i decided to only hunt here at home and i killed 2 8pts and a 9pt on 3 different places. that was my goal before the season and everything i tryed worked great during the rut,so i'm starting out with the same pattern. good luck to all.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Spike

I will be hunting PW and the GWNF.
Good luck to all.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish all Virginia hunters the best of luck. Please post up some pics or maybe just a story of your success in the woods. Remember, success isn't always defined by a dead animal. BEST of luck guys.

VA Chucker--how is the GWNF? I have always wanted to bowhunt there, but haven't gotten too serious because I hunt Quantico. If I did hunt it, I would go up there and camp out for a few days to make it worth the travel. Please give me some insight as to whether the trip is worth it. Thanks.

Brett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.