Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Get'n the gear ready >

Get'n the gear ready

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Get'n the gear ready

Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Get'n the gear ready

Virginia's Bow season will be here before you now it! Got new cable and string on my Switchback and it's zero'd in ready to go. Arrows getting refletched, hopefully the glue will hold a little better this time. I have a good feeling already about this upcoming season. Plus, I got permission to hunt 25 acres in an Urban Archery Area (West Point)
Old 07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Get'n the gear ready

Yep,

Did the same with the bow. No excuses of it being out of tune, etc. I put all new bolts on two of my hangers, and painted them in a camo colore. I even added about 2 inches of cushion to my seet. I got all 40 ft of tree steps, got neww straps, painted camo, changed all bolts in my climber, and spend the weekend marking trees for the climbers,and the hangers.

My hanger will be way up there (Minimum of 30-35) this year, overlooking a ridge and deep ravoine, so i can see a good distance, and he wont even think of looking that high. My other hanger is about 25' and on a trail to a clover plot. I have 5 reesw staright as an arrow for my climber, so im looking forward to a better year (last year 2 does, 9 pt, and 7 pt....even ran into a black bear on way to stand!