Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club >

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

!!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Old 07-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

to rich for my blood,but thanks for the info........
Old 07-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

I can understand how the cost might seem high, especially with the current economy being what it is; but IMO it's an excellent price for the amount of acreage and a QDM property.

I've paid more for much less and know of people who pay MUCH more for MUCH less. Only time will tell but at this point I really feel it's an excellent value.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

there are plenty of hunt clubs in that area begging for members at 250-300.00 a yr and some have way more land.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Wink

Originally Posted by srwshooter
there are plenty of hunt clubs in that area begging for members at 250-300.00 a yr and some have way more land.

Yes there are plenty of those clubs, however all of them allow dog hunting be it Saturdays only or all year. Some allow no still hunting on a day when they are running dogs or until the end of their deer drives, others say you can hunt on other property they are not using on that day.

Knowing of these clubs I also will say that none of them have one continuous tract that is as large as this tract with the options to add more land to it in the coming years. In fact I spoke with the land manager today and there is the chance to almost double our acreage in short order if we choose to do so.

Of the still hunting only clubs in the area that are truly QDM minded one is 3000 acres and is $1600.00 your first year and $1100.00 after that and has a long waiting list. Another one is around 4900 acres and change (so they have 400 more acres than us) and I do not know if it is all one large tract or broken into smaller tracts, their dues are $1250 a year. Another club that was QDM (they dropped their QDM rules)up until this coming season has 2100 acres and has 50 members and dues are $400.

The property we leased has produced a number of P&Y and B&C bucks and huge bears, having talked with the local C.P.O and landowners they have taken a 474lb. and a 527lb ( I believe that was the number) bears in the last few years in addition to a number over 300lbs from this property. All of this was done with no kind of QDM program in place.

C.S.A is still hunting only NO DEER DOGS which is hard to come by anywhere on this side of the mountains. We have a great group of guys that I have already met and I am looking forward to meeting more of you.

I can only wish you the best with your hunting endeavors with those other clubs and hopefully you take some nice bucks there and make lifelong memories.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 AM
Typical Buck

i just got out of a club in the same area that has alittle over 10,000 acres ,i paid 300.00 a yr. that club ran some dogs ,but had plenty of still hunting area's ,lots of food plots and a club house. plus we are killing 150-175 b&c bucks and huge bear up to 600lbs on small tracts of land along the shenandoah natioal park with out paying anything. i don't know anyone that belongs to a club in that area that pays dues that high .
Old 07-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Like I said I wish you all the best in your endeavors and may you start making more memories that will last a lifetime with whom you choose to hunt.

The clubs I was refering to were Bundoran, Oak Ridge and Metro Sportsmans. With Oak Ridge being a neighbor on one side they are 5,000 acres of QDM. PLus there is a 800 acre tract that is for sale on the other side that had been QDM for awhile, so that means there are almost 11,000 acres of QDM in one area. I feel this sets us apart from most clubs when we can offer an area this large that is QDM. As well as in the probable addition of another couple of thousand acres to our lease in the next few years.

I hope your broadheads find their mark and your memories overfill your mind and soul. You should come join us as a guest at some point this year.

On another note - It was great meeting those of you that were able to make it this weekend. I look forward to a great season with you all and your families, as well as meeting those who couldnt make it out.

Justin
Old 07-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

i just got out of a club in the same area that has alittle over 10,000 acres ,i paid 300.00 a yr. that club ran some dogs ,but had plenty of still hunting area's ,lots of food plots and a club house. plus we are killing 150-175 b&c bucks and huge bear up to 600lbs on small tracts of land along the shenandoah natioal park with out paying anything. i don't know anyone that belongs to a club in that area that pays dues that high .
What club and why did you get out?

There are several clubs in that area that charge more than $ 1000/year and you'll be on a list waiting to become a member.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

and there's a reason they're begging for members
Old 07-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

i find most of the guys joining the high priced hunt clubs are coming from the cities ,northern va. ,richmond and can't find places to hunt. they are used to paying high prices for everything. out in the rural area's of va,. you won't find many willing to pay that price to hunt.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

i find most of the guys joining the high priced hunt clubs are coming from the cities ,northern va. ,richmond and can't find places to hunt. they are used to paying high prices for everything. out in the rural area's of va,. you won't find many willing to pay that price to hunt.
Dude what's your problem, if your not interested fine, why do you need to hijack the thread?. Like I said, I don't know of a establish QDM (still hunt) Club that doesn't have a waiting list. The due could be lower if they added more members, but that would detract from the hunting, to each there own. If that's not your thing, there's plenty of public land or other clubs.

And you obviously don't know much about NOVA, we have some good clubs, plenty of deer and there's a few folks that will let you hunt for free, if you ask.

Quick Reply: !!!!!* Updated 07/06*!!!!!Va Group/Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.