Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Hunt turkey in OK-Benefits Paralyzed Veterans-Starts at $500-NO BIDS YET >

Hunt turkey in OK-Benefits Paralyzed Veterans-Starts at $500-NO BIDS YET

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hunt turkey in OK-Benefits Paralyzed Veterans-Starts at $500-NO BIDS YET

Old 03-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunt turkey in OK-Benefits Paralyzed Veterans-Starts at $500-NO BIDS YET

We are looking into ways that will help perpetuate the hunts we put on here in Miami, Oklahoma for the Paralyzed Veterans of America. One of those ways we are considering is to open a slot or 2 to the general public per hunt for a 'donation'.

The 'specifics':

1. 2-day hunt, possibly 3, if necessary
2. All meals provided
3. Lodging and transportation
4. Guided
5. 1 bird (Eastern/Rio) per county limit, so the potential for 2 birds if enough lands are allowed access into for the hunt
6. Tags and licenses included
7. Activities such as skeet shooting, live music, etc.
8. Get to meet and honor some of the heroes of this country...the best part of it

As I said, we are just looking into ways that we can make sure that the costs are consistently covered. 100% of this goes toward the costs of putting the events on. We've opened up 'donation bidding' on this at $500. We may consider 2 on a good, matching-bid basis if someone wanted to share the experience with a family member or friend. It is going to be April 17-19 of this year, so not much time left until we close bidding...no bids as of yet though, so someone may pick it up easily for that amount. If anyone wants to get in on it, send your bid amount along with your name, address and phone number to Bill Kokendoffer (Mid-America PVA president) at [email protected], post in this thread or PM me here. Feel free to shoot me any questions at any time if you feel like you need more information. As we receive bids, I will post them here as well as on this page: Turkey Hunt Bids. Thanks to everyone that gives it consideration...it's going to be a great time and it means a LOT to these guys. Here is the link to a video from last year's hunt...

Link: 2008 PVA Turkey Hunt in Miami, OK