Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

ORIGINAL: popeye
If the dog was on someone else's property.... the real hard truth is that the dog shouldn't have been there.
Exactly.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had dogs ruin my hunts like none other. However I never even thought about picking up myweapon and killing the dog. But I can tell you this, people letting their dogs run loose on others property over and over again should be prosecuted as well.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Was the young mans dog a deer dog by chance?Was he running deer?Was it on your property?I will not to hesitate to shoot a dog,pet or no pet!I just flat out don't care.If I see a dog on my property,then im sorry for the owner,but that dog is dead!If owners care so much about their dogs then keep the damn things tied up during deer season,simple as that!In my opinion I think that all deer dogs should be shot!They are useless,only thing they are good for is to tresspass on other peoples property.Deers run way to far to be hunting with dogs and expect to stay on your own property!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Spike

IGNORANT!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Spike

I will be honest, I have had my problems with dog hunters in the past, but in now way EVER would I do harm to a dog. I love dogs and have 4 Dachshunds that I rabbit hunt with on my Uncles farm.

Whoever did that to your son's dog deserves the same fate.

Now, as far as being a "hunter" goes, well there aren't many of those left either. Well, not unless you consider sitting on baited land in a heated stand 30 feet in the air drinking coffee and eating donuts waiting for a deer to walk by "HUNTING".

Sorry about your kids pet man.

Stan
Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Spike

Pretty cowardly dude. If I have a problem with a dog I will confront the owner (like a man). Not shot a dog that only is doing what his ignorant owner allows him to.

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

Was the young mans dog a deer dog by chance?Was he running deer?Was it on your property?I will not to hesitate to shoot a dog,pet or no pet!I just flat out don't care.If I see a dog on my property,then im sorry for the owner,but that dog is dead!If owners care so much about their dogs then keep the damn things tied up during deer season,simple as that!In my opinion I think that all deer dogs should be shot!They are useless,only thing they are good for is to tresspass on other peoples property.Deers run way to far to be hunting with dogs and expect to stay on your own property!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: stancel

Pretty cowardly dude. If I have a problem with a dog I will confront the owner (like a man). Not shot a dog that only is doing what his ignorant owner allows him to.

ORIGINAL: brushbustin

stancel.. What makes it worse is this guy is a dog owner.. he claims to own rabbit dogs or something to the nature..If this is his mindset being a dogowner makes one wonder how he treats his dogs.. probably shoots them once they get older or dont run like he wants. People like this should not be allowed to own a chiapet much less another living breathing creature.. lets hope he doesnt have any kids, one only knows how they are treated with that mindset..
Old 12-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have to notice that the question of whether or not the hunter who shot the dog was trespassing or not was never answered. I would truly like to know all of the situation. We have a huge problem here of dogs being released to purposely run across private property. The dog hunters know very well what they are doing. I am not saying the original poster is that kind of person as I do not know the situation,but as long as so much is being made of the fact that a kid is involved I'd like to know that it was the other person that was trespassing.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 AM

My heart goes out to you and especially your son. That had to be incredibly difficult for you. I have hunted on some landmy father-in-law owned a few years ago and we constently had the neighbors dogs running around on his place screwing up the hunting. When you spend as much money as we did to prepare for the season and then take a weekend to go there to hunt and have half the weekend ruined because the dogs are running all over the place I certainly can see why someone would want to kill a dog. We actually talked about but bottom line....I just could not bring myself to kill someone elses dog. I was so mad I wanted to a couple of times but not mad enough to actually go through with it. Never even put the crosshairs on them.

Tough lesson for your son to learn, that people do not have the same beliefs that he has, but unfortunately if you live long enough you learn this.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM

I agree. Mad enough to. Just can't do it. That's why I am looking for non-lethal alternatives to keeping dogs off my property. Who knows, if I can come up with a good invention, maybe I can retire and we all can have some peace.

Quick Reply: Cowardly Killer not Hunter - by Billy Nelms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.