Dog hunting outlaws

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Dog hunting outlaws

Old 01-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dog hunting outlaws

ORIGINAL: dogger69

Tell her to get a louder muffler. You and I both know you can hear a walkie talkie. Understand she will have to pass by a hunter with a device that can contact everyone in the line! We can tell you when a game warden is near, a vehicle is near, or when a deer farts too loud. It is safer than your brand of hunting anyday. Better yet, it's legal. See ya.
First off did you make it through highschool?

Second, ahybrid car runs off both engine and battery! There for your muffler excuse isnt working! And why should anyone change there vehicle so you can hunt in the road?? Your thought process is beyond stupid! In fact is so ridiculous that im embarrassed that there are people out there like you who call them selfs hunters, andall your doing ismaking the rest of us look bad.

Third if your worried about the game warden then maybe what your doing isnt legal!! at least they way you talk it doesnt sound like its legal.

Another problem what if its the first hunter is the onewho accidently shoots down the street hitting a car??

And what they hell do you know about the way i hunt? I dont recall telling you how i hunt. Only thing i recall is you telling me how you shoot deer, and not hunt!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Yes, I did graduate from high school, and it appears I am alot smarter than you are. You think being hid behind trees without visibility, is safer than standing in the road in plain view, with vision in all directions. What a moron you must be. I know you huntlike I dotoo, because you said people stop you and give you ahard time. I say stand up and argue that what you are doing makes more sense than sitting in a tree near a road shooting down in all directions. Two heads are better than one,and in this case 25 heads and 25 walkie talkies area hell of alot better.We don't huntin an intersection my friend, only on back roads or placeswhere it is safe and there are'nt too many houses. As long as slugs travel200+ yards, why not be able to see what you're shooting at?? Alot of clubs sit alongside of the road, why not"in the road" where there are no fields to hunt in. It's done safely all the time and you know it. VDGIF dosen't mind at all, most decent people understand,and everybody knows that too. Get over it already, the anti's have just about won you over.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:58 PM

Popeye, you must be the troll! The anti's want gun control, hound control, tell you where to hunt, how big a piece of land to hunt on, where to turn your dog's loose, and what color underwear to put on. I'm not wearing underwear, and I'll hunt the same way my family and friends hunt, and I'll respect my neighbor as long as he respects me. I don't shoot at anyone, I don't steal from anyone, and I am as safe as you are. You can have your hound study, we won and that's that. People are tired of all the whining, please, please get over it and get on with your life. The truth is, you just cave-in, and I don't. That just amazes you dosen't it?? Isn't that what a troll does, cave-in and suck pond water??
Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

The truth is, you just cave-in, and I don't.
We havn't caved in on anything. We hunt the exact same places and in the exact same way we hunted 5-10 years ago. The difference is we were doing it RIGHT back then, just like we do today...
You never did answer the thing about the game warden... If everything you do is on the up and up then why do you have a need to "look out for him"?????
Old 01-14-2009, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Slo-Pitch

The truth is, you just cave-in, and I don't.
We havn't caved in on anything. We hunt the exact same places and in the exact same way we hunted 5-10 years ago. The difference is we were doing it RIGHT back then, just like we do today...
You never did answer the thing about the game warden... If everything you do is on the up and up then why do you have a need to "look out for him"?????
Slo-Pitch, Hound hunting needs more peoplelike you if it's going to survive. As I've said before, I'm neither for or against hound hunting, but I am DEFINATELY 100% against people like Dogger69 and others that think like him.

Dogger69, You know nothing about me. I haven't caved-in but I firmly belive that ALL hunters need to respectthe law, which you don't,but just as importantly respect the rights of land owners and non-hunters. Even if you can't admit it to yourself, they're more non-hunters in this state than hunters and the margin widens every year. Your actions and attitude will do more to end hound hunting in Virginia than anything I can think of.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

As for the safety of hunting with dogs I'm going to go ahead and say that the only hunting accident I've heard of and know much about this year was from still hunters. Now I know there were a few more as I heard the numbers and it was more than just this one. The only one I've ever heard the details about was from still hunters whom shot another hunter in the chest. Not from hunting with dogs. Not saying it doesn't happen just pointing out that quite a few accidents happen when hunting in a stand back in the woods. In fact most of them I can remember hearing about over my life have been from someone in the woods shooting something they couldn't clearly see and though was a deer.

That being said I don't agree with standing in the road however, there are several counties where if you are across the ditch you are legal. I do not have a problem with people lining up the side of the road as long as they are on the other side of the ditch which they usually are. They are follow the laws here so I don't see the problem with it. As for the filling up a car with buckshot I just don't see that happening to ofter. The first reason is you shouldn't shoot into the road although I know that some people like above do it anyway. The next is when looking down a shotgun barrel you can clearly see what is behind what you are aiming at much more so than with a scope. Even then you can still see what's behind it somewhat though so if you see a car or hear it coming. You can usually hear the tires common sense tells you not to shoot. I've never heard of a car getting shot yet I've heard of several guys getting shot in the woods by someone in a stand mistaking him for a deer.

So basically it's legal to stand on the side of the road in many places and I don't see the problem with it. Just don't shoot into the road and you should be fine. A kid I hunt with killed a deer like this this year. He was across the ditch and right at the edge of the woods and when the deer came to the edge of the woods he shot. What's the problem with that? Because he was near the road? He was following the laws and didn't shoot into the road or anyone or anything other than the deer. Where is the problem? I just don't see one.

In fact, a place I know that has four wheeler trails he wont even let you ri
de on them during hunting season out of fear that a still hunter will shoot you by accident. In the places I know that dog hunt I've never heard of anyone being afraid to ride a 4 wheeler down through the woods or anything else really.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Shooting From the Road is Illegal
Shooting at wildlife from a vehicle and/or from or across a public road is illegal. Penalties include: fines, license revocation and confiscation of firearms.

Straight from the VA DGIF hunting book!!!!

This is why dogger69 is on the lookout for the Game Warden. This is alsowhy they are goimg to ban dog hunting.Keep up the good work Dogger69
Old 01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Blueheeler101

Shooting From the Road is Illegal
Shooting at wildlife from a vehicle and/or from or across a public road is illegal. Penalties include: fines, license revocation and confiscation of firearms.

Straight from the VA DGIF hunting book!!!!

This is why dogger69 is on the lookout for the Game Warden. This is alsowhy they are goimg to ban dog hunting.Keep up the good work Dogger69
I didn't say it was legal to shoot from the road or across it. However, it is legal as long as you are across the ditch and shooting away from the road in some counties. So when people ride by and see someone standing on the side of the road it may look bad but they may be going to shoot into a field or woods. Just because they are on the side of the road doesn't mean they are going to shoot into or across the road. Now I can't comment about dogger69 as I don't know what he will do but some guys stand on the side across the ditch and shoot into the woods, field, or whatever is there. I'm sure not all dog hunters on the side of the road shoot stuff in the road.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 PM

In the road, beside the road, whatever!!! It's still safer than behind a tree not being able to see an oncoming car. The vast majority of people do not have a problem with hunters near or on the road, so why get so worked up? There won't be any new laws, that is already decided. No one has done anything wrong, so why should there be any change? Most clubs I know use the right of ways for hunting,,, how else can you hunt when the woods is dense alongside of the roadway? A couple of good lookouts and everyone on key and nothing is wrong. I just don't buy all the hype. Still hunters are more likely to shoot someone 50 feet off of the road when they are unable to see anything. I can post video proving my methods if you still need proof. It's done all the time, no big deal. Do you hear anyone in the newspaper comlaining?? No, NO, No, because it's a non issue. We wear orange, we are careful, and I consider it good for the sport for everyone to see hunters contributing to the management of wildlife. Who's complaining besides PETA??
Old 01-15-2009, 08:24 AM

Who's complaining besides PETA???
Have you missed the 19+ pages on this thread alone and countless other threads
Dogger69, you're doing a great job of articulating the point of why dog hunting should bebanned. Great job making PETA's point for them.
I really feel bad for guys like Slo-Pitch who know how to do dog hunting the right way.

Quick Reply: Dog hunting outlaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.