Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

OK guys in VA

Old 11-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default OK guys in VA

Saturday is low 20's with a high of 40. Deerwill be on the move all night and returning to the bedding late in the morning about 9 or 10. The will be active from 2;20 on until sundown.the rut, temps and running of hounds will be a dayto see the deer veryactive and tryingto avoid the dogs....find a sanctuary of bedding and set up around day light and stay until 10. You will have your best chance to get one, or two....maybe three depending on how many hunters you have ligned up on your property.

I have told my partners the more the merrier on Saturday so spread out and look for them to head to bedding later in the morning....and dont forget the estrous wicks, grunting and bleating!

Good luck fellows
Old 11-21-2008, 05:46 AM
Spike

Default RE: OK guys in VA

A buddy of mine is coming down and we are gonna hunt a nice little 35 acre hunny holeI also talked to the dog club that we are in the middle of one of the biggest pieces they lease, and YES, around 2-3 that afternoon they are gonna turn out about 1/2 mile up from us so hopefully they will miss and come our way. gonna be a gr8 day good luck!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:10 AM

sounds like fun, good luck bowman...have a good hunt man!
Hopefuly this little bit of snow will have them moving some this evening also...

Old 11-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

After this weekend I will be free to hunt much more. My son and I hunted last Sat. and that is it until after Thanksgiving. Tomorrow is going to be a great day and my wife has to work all day and I do not have anyone to watch my 2 year old. My son killed two deer opening day so my wife thinks we do not have to hunt as much, wrong!! She is good about it but this year she has a new job and she works every third Saturday. Good luck all and we will back atem soon.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gees I'm up the creek! There is no dog hunting on my side of the state! Guess I won't be seeing any deer[:'(]. In all seriousness though it's calling for a low 10 tonight in the Mountains with a wind chill near zero. Combine that with the fact that it is officially prime time and that increases my chances for taking this guy!:

Old 11-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

the deer have been moving all week from about 2 until sunset. I had a buck come by me yesterday and he stopped to rub a tree, I uploaded a video of it that I took to youtube. I compressed the file so it would upload faster, so it doesnt look as good, but its still pretty cool. just click on my blog link below and its the first post you will see.

good luck this weekend everyone!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

To bad I am working this weekend. I might try to hit the land I bow hunt in MD on my way to work and see if I can get something from there.