South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VIRGINIA HUNTERS

Old 10-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VIRGINIA HUNTERS

dont worry about it...
Old 10-28-2008, 08:01 PM

I'm from chesapeake, i do a lot of bow hunting and some shotgun. The scrapes and rubs are really popping up now. Hoping to get a certain 8 that i glassed a few weeks ago.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Spike

Good deal. I hunt in Suffolk VA and near Gates Co. NC. It has been a good year for me so far, a doe and freaky racked 5ptr with the crossbow and a really nice 7 (shotgun) with a 18"spread that I grunted in last Saturday in the rain. There are open scrapes everywhere. I will be hitting them hard this Friday, Saturday and again on Monday. Good luck to all. I just finished european skull mounting the 7pt, what a great way to save a buck and still have soemthing nice to remember the hunt.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Live and hunt in Millboro- Bath County.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Hoytspeed, That would be nice but its not that kinds of a place sorry.
It took me 18 years to get the ok to take some of the bucks and if they had not messed up the new trees I would still just be watching and wishing.
I'm just about ready to take one of those fat does if those bucks don't start showing them self. I cant help myself they are just standing there daring me with that look on their face like go ahead and try
Old 10-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

well if things change...I'm your man!!

Good luck!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

cant wait till this weekend muzzleloader
Old 10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

were you hunt 1shotkill? i hunt in emporia and greensville/brunswick
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Spike

Hunted a beanfield near my house with my 5yr old son, 1st time I have taken him stillhunting. We did not even st up until 5:30 becasue I knew he would not be able to sit long. Had a medium sized doe come out into the field. We watched her feed for about 5 minutes and then a small spike pops out about20yds away. He made s small scrape, he was well within range, but we let him walk and watched him chase her all around the field. I was suprised thatmy sonwas not upset that I did not shoot. That spike was trying to work her over, but she was not having any part of it. After a while both deer headed across the field in the opposite direction feeding. I grunted just for the heck of it and they payed absolutely no attention. We did have a deer slip up on us in the woods behind us, but it winded us and heard us whispering, blew about 10 times and walked off. The ones in the field did not even pay attention to their buddies warning. They really did not even look up.

When we walked back in the house my boy started crying. He would not tell me what was wrong for a while, but he finally admitted that he wanted me to shoot the spike. I told him that that buck will be there another year and we will get him when he grows up. He finally settled down and seemed to understand why we let him go. Onlya few more days till muzzeloader!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Norfolk and spend a little time in Richmond too. Don't really have a place to hunt. Very blessed to have made some good friends over the years, and some new friends in the past year or two that carry me along with them a time or two each week.

I'm grateful to have a place to go, however the results don't really say much... seen little, shot nothing. Girlfriend just got laid off at her work. I'm the sole bread winner now, and that ain't sayin much. Working 11 hour days, 5 days a week and getting to hunt two... but I don't know how much longer that will keep up.

Got a line on a spot I hunted last year in Sussex... but with smokepole and then dog hunting coming along.... well... so much for bowhunting, which is about all the deer hunting I do.

Quick Reply: VIRGINIA HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.