Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 SE VA bow hunting club >

SE VA bow hunting club

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

SE VA bow hunting club

Old 09-25-2008, 09:57 PM

Default RE: SE VA bow hunting club

Jimmy Im interested andat Ft eustis deployed right now but will be back in feb so will be there for next yr. Pm me and keep me informed cause from what it looks like not much land to really hunt on!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am already in contact with a couple of landowners that have multiple pieces of property available. There is one spot inparticular in Hanover Co. that I hunted as a kid that I am itchin to get a hold of again. Fortunately, the dog hunters have rutted and run their way out of welcome. There will still be encounters, you can bet on that, but the club I'm working on, assuming we do get this tract, is surrounded by river on three sides and there is only one way in and out. Its about as secluded as you can get.

At any rate, same deal goes, if anyone finds some land and needs someone to share a lease with, let me know.... I'll bring in myself and my girl who are bow, turkey and waterfowl hunters. And if we need more, myself and vabowman both know plenty of folks looking for a bow only club.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

check this out

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3127719

Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

In VA don't you not have to even try to stop the dogs from going on others land? That's what a lot of the guys I hunt with keep saying. The reason being they had someone last year whom apparently was threatening to shoot the dogs as they were trespassing on his land. They brought up to him that the law said that you didn't have to stop your dogs from crossing onto someones land and that you could go on their land to retrieve them as long as you didn't have a gun. Then decided to tell him how much legal trouble he would be in if in fact they did shoot the dogs. Now I have never seen the part about not having to stop them in writing but they all kept saying that and seemed to be up on the laws about it. I know I did talk to the game Warden about going to retrieve the dogs and he verified that you could however, he said if you would just go talk to the owner about it first that 9x out of 10 that they would have no problem with you going to get them.