Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 florida archery permit >

florida archery permit

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

florida archery permit

Old 07-23-2008, 04:20 PM

Default florida archery permit

I am 15 and my dad pulled a toso. archery permit, he dosnt hunt with a bow but i do, do i need to buy a archery permit or does he?
thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: florida archery permit

under 16 you don't need a permit but you have to be accompanied by a licensed adult.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

So have y'all had a chance to come out yet and do some scouting ? It's underwater now...my one stand is kneee deep in water, which is cool, but it wont be if we get anymore rain, lol.....
Old 07-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Not me Huntnma..too far to drive..
Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Toso is one of the very few W.M.A.'s i've never hunted
Old 07-25-2008, 06:30 AM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

So have y'all had a chance to come out yet and do some scouting ? It's underwater now...my one stand is kneee deep in water, which is cool, but it wont be if we get anymore rain, lol.....
No, not yet, i was thinking of waiting till aug. or early sept. because its closer to season, so my spot i asked about is underwater?
Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

yes sir it is under water, all of toso is...we got over 11 inches in just a week....but it'll drain out if the hammocks if we don't continue to get alot of rain....
Don't worry about a thing....water doesn't scare the deer, so don't let it scare you now if you were out in the marsh, I'd say you might want to watch the water levels but your area should be fine....
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Don't worry about a thing....water doesn't scare the deer, so don't let it scare you
Huntnma

[]It sure scares me..I carefully place my trail tacks to advoid the water if possible..because of the moccassins , gators and the mosqitoes..I hate walking through water in the A.M. hours. I've told this story more than once but once more won't hurt..On Powder Grade I used to walk the Sumter Countyfire line to go to my stand..An isolated pool of water used to be right in the middle of the trail..I always talk to God when walking to the stand in the A.M...calms the nerves..Anyway I would always hear a splash when going through the 10 inch pool..Once , I over slept and it was daylighr.As I approached the pool I could have had an accident in my pants..I saw what was making the splash..a 10 foot gator.[:-][X(]I made a different route to my stand..
Old 07-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL.....I remember that story....it amazes me how lil water a gator can be in......one time out at Bullcreek, it was really dry, so the creek was almost dry, just pockets of water here and there, we shined the light in this one pocket, no bigger than a couple of buses and there were about 40 sets of eyes....
I don't like walking through the water either and i hate to say it, but i make so much noise splashing through until i get a few hundred yards away , then i slip, i talk to God too...knowing that he's there with me , protecting me helps.You just have to go for it, ifsomething is going to happen, it'll happen in water or out of water...

Old 07-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

i talk to God too...knowing that he's there with me , protecting me helps.You just have to go for it, ifsomething is going to happen, it'll happen in water or out of water...
Huntnma

Well let me tell ya another true story...I had given up on ole Powder Grade on my first year..I then drove over to 3 mile run and took a shot in the dark...no pun intended..It was thick as crap...water was up to my knees and I was discouraged ..My hunt was ruin..I hadn't even hung my stand..and then that still small voice said ." Drive to Powder..so many miles.that's a secret...Walk to Sumter fire lane and take 70 steps south and kill your hog..Well sometimes that voice pays off and sometimes not..depends on how tuned one is..I thought it may be the Lord so I obeyed although it was already 7:30 AM ..I parked my truck ..waled across the palmetto field and got on Sumter trail..I took 60 steps ...NOTHING..then that voice said take 10 more..I did and than CRASH 4 or 5 hogs came busting out of the palmettos ..I aimed my 00 Buck shot at the best one and got my first hog.The next year he put me on a buck too..

Quick Reply: florida archery permit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.