florida archery permit

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

florida archery permit

Old 07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: florida archery permit

Huntnma .
last year you told me early in the season that I would get an 8 point buck..LOL I really didn'y thinkI had a chance but your word of encouragement rang in my heart all season..Last Dec...I had gone to a place where a huge silouette had walked in front of me.the previous year.I was in the same tree. My "Can" was hanging up on me..BUT that still small voice said do one more bleat and read a couple chapters of the Word..It was 10:00 AM .My "Can " worked and gave a nice WHAAA ..I started reading 1 Peter and 15 minutes later I thought I heard the russle of a small squirrel..I looked behind me and saw the biggest buck in my life..I couldn't count all the tines but I would guess 10..and most were over 7-8 inches long...and about 18" wide..The deer was only about 15 yds away but straight in back of me..I thought about you immediately and began to thank God in my heart and prayed the deer would not stop walkng. BUT he did...I'm not boasting but I came in fisrt place in the army in rifle shooting and have killed deer on the run before..BUT not with a scope..only open sites..The deer was just standing there.,,behind me and the huge tree I was in..
He slammed his hoof in the ground and i knew I was busted..I quickly stood and looked behind me only to see his huge body quickly and silently disappear in some palmettoes..My heart shrank and I will never forget the size of that Florida deer..With open sites I would have had the deer with my 30-30 Marlin...when he disappeared I had 1 second at a broadside shot..with open sites that is all one needs.I've since replaced the scope with Tru GLo sites..I sited it in last month and my groups would fit in a quarter..I'm going back ...he should be bigger.

Here's my first buck I shot in 1976..He was running full blast through a thicket in Maryland..I was 22 then. The gun was a 30-30 Stevens open sites..He fell immediately . The cages in the back had ring necked pheasants anf bob white quial..We had a small game farm..

Old 07-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i hope you here those words of encouragement again this year, hope you get that 8, no that 10 pointer this year.....listening to your inner voice(God) isthe best hunting tool/buddies you can have....this past turkey season, it happened again to me.....i was hunting this area that was being poached by the ajoining land owners, hunted it 2 days and both days i had issues, the 3rd day i asked God what I should do, he told me to go to my old turkey stompin' grounds ,so i did and guess what, i got one
A friend of mine has pheasent/quail eggs everyday and he gives me one(boiled) as a snack, they are so good...he brings turkey eggs too, but they aren't as good... they're good but not as good as the others.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Dominant Buck

AWESOME Huntnma..thanks for sharing..I hope you get a good buck too,
Old 07-27-2008, 07:40 PM

I got my snake boots today and tested the water proofness and they work great, and thanks for sharing the storiesand my dad bought the archery permit so i'm good to go.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

thanks for sharing the storiesand my dad bought the archery permit so i'm good to go.

Your welcome..most folks don't beleive so Huntnma stirred my faith by letting me know she believes too. One of the most scariest things my friend is getting lost. I always bring my compass...even when I don't think I'll be using it..[&:]Last year after I saw the big deer I decided to scout some..I got lost real fast. Everything looks the same out there..
Old 07-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

He's right, compasses are a must...I always have 2-3 withme, lol....I'm always losing them...
If he gets lost, he can call me and I'll go get him and bring him out but remember I'll have bragging rights, lol...and everyone will know a girl had to come get ya, lol...
Reminds me of story:

A few years back this guy i know from Bullcreek was ragging on me for getting turned around one night out at BC the year before....I was going in the right direction but there was waist deep water and we were off the trail(me and my sister),thought about stealing the boat to get out, lol....but we heard them, so we waited for them to come and make sure we didn't get eaten by a gator... whenI saw him at Toso. the next year before the day's hunt, he had to talk his smack, later that night i get a call, someone's lost, so i go down to where i needed to go, helicopter , cop, and a few others were looking for him...they found him, the cop and I were the closest...the cop was scared to go in after him, so I did it, lol...when i saw who it was and after that conversation from earlier in the day, he'll never live it down, lol.....

Chuck7-I'm glad I could stir things up again

Old 07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Neat Story,
My principal was lost in the Green Swamp for 10 hours..He hasn't hunted there since..His favorite spot {By conincidence} is the exact spot that I hunt. So whenever I call in sick he knows the exact tree I'll be sitting under..Last year my students made the best gains in the school so he doesn't mind me talking about the Lord some ..and taking a couple days off for hunting now and then,and trust me this guy is a drill sergeant.Fifteen teachers left this summer. There is zero mercy with this man.

Here's my principall..2 weeks and I'll be back to work..YIKES..He's from Alabama and bow hunts too.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Poor guy, lol.....
Old 07-29-2008, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Hey Bro................Is that RC in right hand?.........(Rum & Coke?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

No sir..that's a 30-30 Stevens..I was on leave..I had scouted one day..made a make shift blind about 10 foot high.. I had just read about 40 chapters of Jeremiah when this 3 point was walking down a ridge..The wind was blowing hard..my coat blew and the buck ran to my east..I saw one 30 inch wide opening.. I put my barrel there as he ran across that 30 inch opening I squeezed the trigger on his back spine,,Note where the blood is..it's running from his back spine..He fell immediately.I nearly jumped from the top of the stand to the ground..I was totally rejoicng..The clothes I'm in was what I was wearing..LOL no camos.

C7

Quick Reply: florida archery permit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.