South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Kentucky rut

Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Kentucky rut

A buddy and I are making a trip to Kentucky this year to try and lay down a nice buck. The area that we are going is close to Dixon. Can someone please let me know the average peak rut days. I know that it is different every year, but I would like to know some hot days that some of you have seen big bucks chasing hot does. Thanks for ya'lls help!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Spike

Default RE: Kentucky rut

Hello
I live in Hopkins county which is neighboring to webster were you will be hunting. You will want to hunt the last week of oct or the first week of nov. This is when the bucks are really chasing hard. I work with alot of guys from this area were you are hunting.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt near Dixon. Who you hunting on...maybe I know them. Lived here all my life. Mid Nov. will be peak rut. You bow or gun hunting?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

I dont know the name of the guy that owns the property, it is my buddys relative. I think we are planning on coming opening week of gun season (first week of Nov.) We figured we would havea better chance of getting a nice buckwith a rifle over our bows sense neither one of us has ever been there before. After this year, if the deer are there, we might come back next year with our bowsafter we learn the lay of the land, if not another trip this year if the hunting is that good. How is the hunting in that area? Does that area grow alot of big bucks?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Spike

I from Kentucky and the peak of the rut is around the last week in oct and frist of nov, i have pretty good luck around that time because the big boys are out for doe's.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunt75

I from Kentucky and the peak of the rut is around the last week in oct and frist of nov, i have pretty good luck around that time because the big boys are out for doe's.
Thats a little early for peak.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:03 PM

i've had better luck around the 10th of November to 24 or around there. Also thats just about what the State sets the gun Season here to. We also have a very good late rut in December too.