South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

kentucky

Old 10-26-2004, 10:51 AM

Default kentucky

hey anyone form kentucky been seeing any prerut signs or anything? I've seen lots of rubs but not many scrapes and have yet to see any chasing..has anyone seen anything?
Old 10-26-2004, 12:13 PM

Default RE: kentucky

Same here in South Central KY. Seeing groups of Bucks but no chasing yet. FDound a couple scrapes Turkey hunting last weekend. Let you know when I do.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Not seeing any chasing here in Madison county either. Plenty of rubs and some scrapes, but thats about it. I'll be back on stand this weekend and hopefully, things will be changing. Good hunting!

Carter
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 PM

Same here in southwest, McCracken county. Seen a monster today, had 9 doe out about 75 yard and just happen to look towards the far end of the feild and there he stood. Couldn't tell how many points as he was probly 350 yards away and couldn't pick up nothing but a BIG set of bone. The girls knew he was there as all took a look at him but he was only interested in eating the wheat till to dark to see him. Only buck I have seen in 6 days. Saw 7 bucks in 1 day last week 2 groups of 3 and a solo.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:30 PM

found the first scrape this year on thursday. found a couple rubs too. Nothing big time though. This hot weather has gotta go.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:15 PM

found some more rubs. They had to just be made today(saturday). The activity should be starting soon. Cant wait!
Old 10-30-2004, 06:17 PM

By the way....Im talking about Knox and whitley county. i live almost on the line.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:29 PM

Alrighty then! Seen some dead bucks on the roads, Watched a spike check over some does in pretty playful way, Can't be long. I'd say its time with this front coming, Thursday morning is my guess. Pull Breathe Release Thwapp! Watch that fletching.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:39 PM

i hope ur right roostem! I got out of my stand saturday morning and finally found a scrape and i kno we're finally gonna see sum tempratures n the thirtys by this weekend so hopefully it'll be good huntin. by the way im hunting scott and owen county lines.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Typical Buck

"seen some dead bucks on the roads". yeah, I almost saw a dead buck under my truck last Friday evening!!! I was about 200yds from my driveway when a small-racked 6 pointer jumped over the fence, ran across the road right in front of me and ran right through my neighbor's yard!! The rut has got to be close. I've lived in this house for almost three years and thats only the third deer I've seen around here. I've also been seeing some bucks and does together on the Bluegrass Army Depot. Like roost 'em said, with this front coming, it's got to be close!!!! Good luck to you guys and be safe out there.

Quick Reply: kentucky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.