central florida public land >

central florida public land

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

central florida public land

Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: central Florida public land

Way to go Huntnma...I shot one really good one and went back and called in 3 other birds...within 50 yds.They were all hung up on me..Out of 11 hunts I saw or heard game 10 times..I was very excited..All of this was in the Green Swamp..I did a lot of scouting..Somedays I walked up to 3 miles deep in the swamp..
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 AM

Huntnma like if you were looking at the map of seminole, where would you say would be a good place to deer hunt?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

Huntnma like if you were looking at the map of seminole, where would you say would be a good place to deer hunt?
lol........now i can't give up my honey holes, lol.....
On the deer counts out there, most are seen in the pastures but i hunt the marsh, not as many want to walk the walk.......i have my favorite areas and i just can't get away from them.....if i could, i would hunt the pastures, the marsh, the creek, etc......i'll let ya know after the deer counts are done, but you'll have to remind me to let ya know where i have seen most of the deer for this year.

Chuck7 , sounds like you had some exciting hunts........i had a year to remember for sure.....got my first bird out at Toso.( 9 1/4''Beard), then the next weekend i got my seminole bird, then the following wekend i played guide for my friend from MD., got him a bird the first day and i called up a nice gobbler the following day for another friend that never turkey hunted, he passed on the shot...but he got to see what it's all about....i'd be out there hunting them birds everyday if i could.It was a very vocal year.....birds every morning.....
Old 05-12-2008, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

time to set up game cam's! i'll be setting cam's this week.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Chuck7 , sounds like you had some exciting hunts........i had a year to remember for sure.....got my first bird out at Toso.
NEAT!!

( 9 1/4''Beard), then the next weekend i got my seminole bird, then the following wekend i played guide for my friend from MD., got him a bird the first day and i called up a nice gobbler the following day for another friend that never turkey hunted, he passed on the shot...but he got to see what it's all about....i'd be out there hunting them birds everyday if i could.It was a very vocal year.....birds every morning..... Yep..me too.This was my first successful year.If I knew what I was doing I could have gotten 2 more birds..Once I didn't know it but I was set up under a roosting tree. They were within 50 yds when they returned my yelp..I was fine tuning my set up when they flew away from a tree looking down at me..The other one I found a mile away farther..I was simply hiking and yelping about every 300 yds..When he answered I set up on a traill which I learned is a no no..The birds liketo stay in the swamp..I also found some hogs and deer. I love turkey hunting
I'm glad you had such a great year Huntnma..and blessed others as well.
Have a great day!!
C7

Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: huntnma

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

lol........now i can't give up my honey holes, lol.....
On the deer counts out there, most are seen in the pastures but i hunt the marsh, not as many want to walk the walk.......i have my favorite areas and i just can't get away from them.....if i could, i would hunt the pastures, the marsh, the creek, etc......i'll let ya know after the deer counts are done, but you'll have to remind me to let ya know where i have seen most of the deer for this year.

Chuck7 , sounds like you had some exciting hunts........i had a year to remember for sure.....got my first bird out at Toso.( 9 1/4''Beard), then the next weekend i got my seminole bird, then the following wekend i played guide for my friend from MD., got him a bird the first day and i called up a nice gobbler the following day for another friend that never turkey hunted, he passed on the shot...but he got to see what it's all about....i'd be out there hunting them birds everyday if i could.It was a very vocal year.....birds every morning.....
I know you can give away the honey holes LOL, but i will remind ya.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

got my cam's out in a gooooooooooooood area

i found a spot with about 100 rubs from last year. the rubs were on tree's that were up to 10" in diameter! i know this buck wasn't killed last year because the spot isn't far from where i hunted and i would have heard about it. i am stoked about this year. i already can't wait to check my cam's and they have only been out for 1 day.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:32 PM

^ which WMA is this?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ocala