Virginia Dog Hunting >

Virginia Dog Hunting

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Dog Hunting

Old 02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Virginia Dog Hunting

He's been kind of quiet lately, but there's a few more trying to take his place.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hokieman is everywhere... He's on like 9000 other forums regardless of what the forum is about. I mean go onto a guitar player forum, or PGA golf forum, or woodworking forum, or heck... anything - and you'll find a post from Hokieman preaching his VHDA stuff.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Hokieman is everywhere... He's on like 9000 other forums regardless of what the forum is about. I mean go onto a guitar player forum, or PGA golf forum, or woodworking forum, or heck... anything - and you'll find a post from Hokieman preaching his VHDA stuff.
he has no life at all then lol
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM

I can not go on 9000 forums like the VHDA mouthpiece does but we all need to spread the message:
CONTACT YOUR HOUSE OF DELEGATE MEMBER by phone and email- IMMEDIATLY
OPPOSE House Bill# 1352 - (Restructure DGIF Board
VOTE NO
THIS BILL WILL BE voted on the first part of next week!

This is VHDA's "Ace in the Hole" bill to unseat the current DGIF Board Members & replace them by useing the same legislators that they "Donated" too in order to get this bill introduced! The Chief Patron & About4 or5 of the CO-PATRON legislators on this bill each received $250 donation for their campaign this year from them!

huntwalkers

JUST because they have a hound dog, That DON'T make them a Houndsman!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: huntwalkers

I can not go on 9000 forums like the VHDA mouthpiece does but we all need to spread the message:
CONTACT YOUR HOUSE OF DELEGATE MEMBER by phone and email- IMMEDIATLY
OPPOSE House Bill# 1352 - (Restructure DGIF Board)
VOTE NO
THIS BILL WILL BE voted on the first part of next week!

This is VHDA's "Ace in the Hole" bill to unseat the current DGIF Board Members & replace them by useing the same legislators that they "Donated" too in order to get this bill introduced! The Chief Patron & About4 or5 of the CO-PATRON legislators on this bill each received $250 donation for their campaign this year from them!

huntwalkers

I agree...I wish there was a website that you could put your info in and it would autmatically fax and email the delegate, but I haven't found a website that will host that.

This is a bad idea for VA, not just because of dog hunting, but b/c certain DGIF regions can easily be "stacked". You then have 6 people that are only interested in their hunting/fishing andcontrolling the regs b/c they are the majority of 11. This is a bad bill because IT DOES NOT REPRESENT ALL REGIONS OF VA FAIRLY!!! This will have effects on everything...not just deer hunting...maybe we could get all the Bass fishing clubs to vote against it too.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 AM

CONTACT GENERAL ASSEMBLY

YOU CAN GO TO:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?081+men+BIL

ALL of the Legislators contact info. is there.

YOU CAN ALSO CALL:
1-800-889-0229 & register your opinion

Be polite as you can & tell them why you support or oppose each bill! Just Vote YES or NO doesn't help much.

IF YOU EMAIL: You MUST put your name and address or they tend not to pay attention to them!!

WE NEED TO fill up ALL of the House of Delegates email and ring their phones off the hook this weekend !
OPPOSE hb# 1352

huntwalkers

Old 02-02-2008, 10:23 AM

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD Undercoverrednek!

6 VOTES that's EXACTLY how many VHDA is trying to get the legislators to take away from the Governors appointees with house bill # 1352.

They think they can buy thier way into control of DGIF?? I certainly hope that everyone contacts the legislators that signed on to this bill& recieved the$250 campaign donation!!
LET THEM KNOW - WE WILL REMEMBER NEXT ELECTION!!!

You can go to: http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/
and type in Commonwealth Sportsmens Alliance PAC

LOOK AT THE QUARTERLY REPORTS and you can see what hunt clubs have been supporting this Va Hunting Dog Alliance & what politicians they are trying to pay off...OOPS! I mean DONATE too.

huntwalkers

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ask Yourself This Question. If This Hound Hunting Study Or These Actions Were Taken By The Wildlife Department In Any Other State, Every Sportsmen In America Would Call It Anti-hunting. Dgif Is Pointing To Their 91 Year History Of Support For Sportsman To Say Trust Us! I Say Look At Their Track Record For The Last 4 Year History Of This Board!
Restructuring The Dgif Board Is Key To Preserving Your Hunting Heritage For Future Generations. Call And Ask Your Delegate To Support House Bill 1352 Vote Yes.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

Ask Yourself This Question. If This Hound Hunting Study Or These Actions Were Taken By The Wildlife Department In Any Other State, Every Sportsmen In America Would Call It Anti-hunting. Dgif Is Pointing To Their 91 Year History Of Support For Sportsman To Say Trust Us! I Say Look At Their Track Record For The Last 4 Year History Of This Board!
Restructuring The Dgif Board Is Key To Preserving Your Hunting Heritage For Future Generations. Call And Ask Your Delegate To Support House Bill 1352 Vote Yes.
Most states don't allow hounds for deer hunting, so they don't have the same issues with hounds that VA does.

No HB 1352 is a bad bill and nothing more than a VDHA attempt to stack the board in their favor.
"The bill changes the criteria for appointment from the current requirement that there be a member chosen from each congressional district to at least one member, but no more than three"
Wouldn't this leave districts without representation?

The only good part of the bill is:
"As a qualification for appointment, each Board member must have held a resident hunting or fishing license for three consecutive years."
Old 02-02-2008, 09:28 PM

This bill needs to be exposed for what it is. Pure bull#@$%!! Talk about stacked decks!! I have family that lives in Loudon cty, some that live in Bath cty. This billis going to leave one without representation, or someone with total voice over matters that do not concern them. The wholesituation is really very simple. There is a need for compromise when it comes to hunting.

There is such a thing as private property, andthere is such a thing as asking for permission and then following through with respect. I've hunted with beagles and other dogs for years, and never had an argument with anyone yet. But some rogues cannot find the courage to act like gentleman when given the opportunity to hunt.To deny this very truth is to preserve the problem, instead of solving it.
I can't believe this sort ofbill is even being considered. To make matters worse, it was paid for with bribery money. What a group of winners the VHDA must really be. Who in their right minds would belong to these selfish dudes??

Quick Reply: Virginia Dog Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.