Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Alabama Hunters >

Alabama Hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Alabama Hunters

Old 12-23-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Alabama Hunters

Who all hunts north alabama? The ruts picking up on our lease more deer being seen checking an chasing.........
Old 12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alabama Hunters

Hey, I was wondering if any other Alabama hunters were on this site.

I'm in Madison county and I saw five bucks last night alltogether, they didn't act aggressive at all. Two of them were good 2.5 year olds, and had good racks, both eight points, but they all fed around eachother and seemed like they were still in the group phase.

In my opinion the rut is still a few weeks off, probably Jan. 15 or later.

My lease is in Butler County, South Bama, and we are seeing scrapes and rubs but not really any chasing or aggressive behavior.

What county are you in? Have you seen any rutting activity?

Trae Durden
www.huntchristiancreek.com
Old 12-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt nw alabama, they are starting to run a little here
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Small bucks are starting to bump does where i hunt.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:41 PM

I hunt in Tallapoosa County. We are still getting pictures of bucks in groups as well. It usually doesn't pick up down there until mid-January.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 AM

Jackson county for me. I don't think it has started here yet. Maybe another 2 weeks or so.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

thinking of coming up there this next week. how ere the deer acting up that way. thanks
Old 01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, that cold weather was nice, and it would have helped get our rut really going, but here comes another warm front! If there was much rutting behavior last week it will probably die down this week. Looks like the last two weeks are our only hope of catching the bucks in a craze.

You know, I wish the state would either let us use bait or let the season go into February. I would love to bow hunt until December and then get to use the gun until February!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Goose 11

Well, that cold weather was nice, and it would have helped get our rut really going, but here comes another warm front! If there was much rutting behavior last week it will probably die down this week. Looks like the last two weeks are our only hope of catching the bucks in a craze.

You know, I wish the state would either let us use bait or let the season go into February. I would love to bow hunt until December and then get to use the gun until February!
I'm with you Goose. I would love to see them shift everything by a month. Start bow season in mid-November--it's not near as hot as it usually is in October--start gun season in mid-December and let the both of them run through the end of February. It is very disappointing to have the second rut, and somethimes the peak of the main rut (depending on the part of the state) after the season is over.

There have been many times I have seen bucks running does all over fields during the middle of February. All I can do is pull the truck off the side of the road and daydream of sitting in a stand on the edge of the field trying to get that perfect shot.

I'd be interested in seeing what the odds of getting such a change implemented or at least considered.

By the way, as stated in post above, I hunt in Tallapoosa County.