Rub question ...POLL

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Rub question ...POLL

Old 12-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Rub question ...POLL

Here's a poll quesition..

How many rubs must you find in an area before you consider this a spot worthy of sitting??

A. 0-5

B. 6- 10

C, 11- 15

D. 16 or more..
Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rub question ...POLL

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Here's a poll quesition..

How many rubs must you find in an area before you consider this a spot worthy of sitting??

A. 0-5

B. 6- 10

C, 11- 15

D. 16 or more..
Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Dominant Buck

I choose A, 0-5 as well
Old 12-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 0-5
Old 12-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

I wish I scoutted more. I think it is important to be in the area with the most rubs if you can only kill bucks like the WMAs. If you canfindmany in one area with some scraps that is were I want to hunt. Now if there is a 5" thick tree with a rub from 12" up to 36" highthen one rub will work , but I would rather be were I have seen the most rubs. I think the more rubs the more bucks.

Now can we find a place with 16 or more rubs in a small area at Green Swamp? If you can, don't answer. (-: We need to keep it secret and go hunt it!!!

Cheers,
Chris

Old 12-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

A also.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

I will not sit on a single rub unless it is on a larger tree. If I find an area with 6 or more I'm setting up camp.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

A is good, but D would be great!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

finding/hunting over buck sign is good if other criteria is met. if you have only rubs with no scrapes or other major trails....your probally wasting your time. from my personal experience, bucks are rubbing to mark territory (kinda like fencing off your property). he will frequently check his rub "lines" to see if any trespassers (other bucks) are in the area but he does this most often at night when he feels safe. scrapes on the other hand will be checked day and night for any signs of "hot" doe's that have been in the area. heavy deer trails are often the key to success. these are deer highways that are used by bucks and doe's for easy access between feeding and bedding area's. if you can find buck sign (rubs and scrapes) near heavy deer trails that consistantly have fresh deer tracks in them, set up camp. you will often find these area's i speak of on "transition lines". "transition lines" are where 1 type of terrain meet with a different type of terrain (i.e. where a palmetto flat meets a bay head or oak hammock meets a palmetto flat, etc.). the key to seeing deer is to hunt where the freshest and most consistantdeer sign is and you can't kill a buck if you're not seeing any deer.

i was in my stand yesterday morning and watched 2 doe's and 1 spike feed under my tree stand for over 30 minutes. i was hunting a "transition line" of scrub oaks and a small pond.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:18 AM

a. 0-5

Quick Reply: Rub question ...POLL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.