Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

SC Buck!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: SC Buck!

ORIGINAL: Pupuchito

I am not quite sure how to do that(any tips would be appreciated)
Steve
Posting Photos - A Tutorial
Old 11-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Reb! I will give it a try.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Small world. I hunted with Terry for about 6 years. Deer and turkey. As a matter of fact I was the first one to ever kill a turkey down there after he opened up. I love the lodge they have there. Does Connie still do all the cooking? They use to have great food.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Yes Connie still does the cooking and it is better than the hunting!I am a walking commercial for that place. The lodge is great and they are great people. One of my brothers killed a nice when we hunted there 2 years ago. He has been there 4 times and I think he wants to hunt turkeys there next year. We always see alot of turkeys when we are there.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I miss turkey hunting there, but at 450 per day it adds up quick. That is my spring break from teaching and I wanted to hunt all week and not just a couple of days.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Pupuchito,

Wow, great story. Glad you posted it. You do make theTerry's service seem great. Maybe if I ever want to spend some money and do a trip I will check them out.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Does Terry still take the deer to Hank Deer Proc. to get them cut up? If so did he ever tell you how Hank shot his neighbor?

Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Chris,
If you have the chance to do it sometime the experience is worth it because you can shoot something everytime on the stand, doe or buck.. If you want a better chance to kill a buck, I still think Texas is the place to go, just a lot more pricey.
Steve
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Parrot Head,
Oh yes he still has Hank process the deer. You gotta tell me that story. Old Hank and the "people" he has working for him are.....how should I put it.....very interesting.(Can you say inbred?) Going to see Hank is always the highlight at the end of the trip
Old 11-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Well, I guess ol Hank and his neighbor did not get along. This was years ago and I dont remember where his place was or how to get there. He use to live in a Mod. home and his deer proc. stuff would be on the right side of the house from the road. His drive way was on the right side of his property to and pulled you right up to the deer drop off. So Terry tells me one day they really get into it and the neighbor comes over and is threatening Hank on his property. I cant remember if the neighbor had a gun or not. Anyway Hank shot him dead on his property. He didnt have to do anytime since it was self-defense. Hank use to have a pretty hot daughter years ago. The last year I was down there I asked him how many deer he cut up the year before he said 2,800. That's a lot of deer.

Quick Reply: SC Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.