Green Swamp update.. >

Green Swamp update..

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Green Swamp update..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Green Swamp update..

hunting a scrape and rubs...will not give details.

Saw 2 big bodied deer running into a cypress dome...that makes 6 deer seen so far this year..at the Green Swamp

Lots of campers..and hunters..more than usual..heard about 8 shots before 10:30 game wardens everywhere ...I was checked as well.This year they are hiding in the woods..I'm serious.

C7
Old 11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Green Swamp update..

i really love to hear that LE is in the woods, but then again i am not, most of ours won't go into the woods unless there is reason, they don't want to walk around and ruin it for us.......at least that is what i was told at one time...glad youre seeing some deer as well......Good Luck
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Dominant Buck

There were 4 different trucks on Powder,,,a jeep was pulled over..I can't beleive how wet the swamp is...I'm ok with it. It was cold enough this morning that no mosqitoes were out...They came out at 9:00
Old 11-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Glad you have seen some deer. I have only hunted five times this year, but seen nothing yet. )-: Where you stoped by the game wardens in the woods or on a main road? I really like that they are out there.

I am bummed that they are trapping hogs at green Swamp. I was planning on trying some hog hunting during small game season, but I may try to find another WMA. )-:

Slay a big one for me.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 AM
Dominant Buck

They were backed up off the main roads and on the main roads..I saw about 7 different wardens in all. ..
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Wow, 7 wardens. I wonder if there are some serious voilations at Green Swamp. I would like to think that most of hunters are legal and ethical, but like Huntnma said that wardens would not be wondering around unless there is a reason.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I love the wardens...lessens the rift raft.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

I agree 100%. I don't really want to be in the woods with people doing illegal things. Not to mention if they are armed it is not a good situtation. I like to see the wardens too.

I am glad they are there enforcing. I want to find one (warden)to clarify if I can use a muzzleloader during small game. But if they (SWFWMD)are catching all of the hogs at Green SwampI don't know if I will go hog hunting at Green Swamp. )-;

Cheers,
Chris
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Today Nov. 19th , 2007 ..Rockridge Gate

13 hogs ...biggest 150 pounds

3 deer ...biggest 120 pounds
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

13 hogs ...biggest 150 pounds........These sizes and smaller are great for the Pit!

3 deer ...biggest 120 pounds.......This is Pitiful![8D]......I've had dogs that weighted that much.....

Quick Reply: Green Swamp update..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.