Green Swamp update..

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Green Swamp update..

Old 12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Green Swamp update..

http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/education/interactive/greenswamp/greenswamp.html

Second Seminole Indian war was fought there! Click on History......

http://www.1000friendsofflorida.org/EMAs/GreenSwamp.asp
Old 12-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Rebel,

Very interesting links. I cannot believe that some Seminole Indians were still living in GS into the 20th Centrury. I thought the bugs were bad, I would hate to live their all the time!

Cheers,
Chris
Old 12-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Spike

I've spent some time in Green Swamp. Its so much easier to whack a deer above the FL state line. You FL hunters are hard core.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

SCguide,

I assume you live in SC now? I grew up there and the hunting up north is sooo much better. But I am in Florida now, so I hunt Green Swamp. (-: Yes, it is very hard to hunt there. )-: But I would rather be in Green Swamp sweeting and getting bit by bugs then sitting in my house watching TV.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: guntercb

Yes, it is very hard to hunt there. )-: But I would rather be in Green Swamp sweeting and getting bit by bugs then sitting in my house watching TV.

I second that!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 PM

Well, ive been in the G.Swamp more than i planedalready this year and not because im hauling them out either[&:].I have jumped a few doe either walking & stalking thru the palmetto's or on my way back to the truck when its dark enough out thatunless you have a flashlight, your not making it back to your truck. Jumped a doe the other night and it was doing just that, walking out of a cypress dome at dark. She was pissed and retreated back, snorting all the way. As for hauling them out, im not looking forward to that!!! as its so dang thick its hard enoughjust walking out on your ownIm looking more for hogs but no luck yet[>:]Everything seems to have adopted nocturnal behaviours due to pressure, only showing after dark.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

Jlbspd, With SWFWMD trapping and removing the hogs from GS it will only get harder for you to locate one. )-: Good luck though and at least you are seeing some does.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

i might be heading to GS this weekend. if i go, it will only be to shoot a hawg. too far of a drive for me to spend serious time scouting andpreping stand locations. last time i was in GS, me and a buddy shot 6 hawgs in one morning. took us all day to drag them out.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey partners,
I've seen a few deer myself...I need to get higher in the trees , use my eyes more , and everything else is working..90 % of the deer have just appeared out of nowhere...so nodding off is not good.

PS ..the deer have super sonic noses..
Old 12-13-2007, 06:26 AM
Fork Horn

Chuck,

Yep deer have great sense of smell. That is why I try to hunt into the wind. Post pictures of the big one when you get it!

Chris

Quick Reply: Green Swamp update..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.