Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

CHIGGERS

Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CHIGGERS

ORIGINAL: bryant1

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

JT, what ever you do................Don't ever wipe your butt with Spanish Moss!!!!!
LMAO!
Something with deet should take care of those red bugs
What?...............Do you know what D.E.E.T. does toHemroids??????[:-]
Old 09-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wearing light colored clotheshelps. Taking an ororless garlic capsule every day works well for both ticks and chiggers. Been doing this for over 15 years and have not found a dug in tick or gotten anychigger bites. Have found ticks on my arms and legs from time to time but they were trying to get away.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: falcon

Wearing light colored clothes helps. Taking an ororless garlic capsule every day works well for both ticks and chiggers. Been doing this for over 15 years and have not found a dug in tick or gotten any chigger bites. Have found ticks on my arms and legs from time to time but they were trying to get away.
I eat regular garlic on a near daily basis and it hasn't done anything for biting insects IME, although it does appear to keep other people at arm's length. LOL. Taking B vitamins didn't help either, and neither did the bug suit I tried. The only thing I've tried that worked was Permanone and high strength DEET.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:17 PM

I have had great successspraying my clothes down with Repel Permanone. I buy it at Wamart(camping section of Sporting Goods)for $4.96 a can. It will do two sets of clothes. It keeps the red bug and tic away. Also help keep the skeets of you too.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Permanone (on clothes only) usually does the trick. Chiggers and yellow (deer) flies... the two worst critters IMO.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

I'm scared to go get my trail cam...put it out on Aug 28th and got chiggers terribly.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Also ditch your clothes as soon as you get home and take a bath in HOT bleach water, then scrub with soap and shower off. This gets them before they're burrowed in. They can crawl around for a while before digging in deep.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO NEED for bleach water. A good hot, soappy shower is sufficient. Chiggers don't bury underneath your skin. They just insert their mouthparts to feed.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Another thing to consider is that red bugs don't affect everybody equally. I'm in the woods all the time and it is rare that i get bit by red bugs or ticks. When I do get bit by a bug I just apply the Chiggeraid and if it isa rare tick, just pull him off.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 AM

BUBBA, Why did you ask about pine trees ? Is that a hotspot for them ?

Quick Reply: CHIGGERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.