Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 new duck hunter (FL) >

new duck hunter (FL)

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

new duck hunter (FL)

Old 09-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Spike

Default new duck hunter (FL)

hey i would like to try duck hunting around NE Florida (jacksonville), probably guana river wma... but i have no one to go with or teach me how to do all that, i dont even have a boat. i went to the waterfowling forum but i couldnt find anything specific to fl.

do you guys have any suggestions where i could get some advice?(other than here) TIA.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new duck hunter (FL)

Florida Duck Hunting

Duck Hunting - Florida Early Duck Hunting Season
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Spike

thank you rebel, your reply was so, how do i say it... bold.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM

hi there my husband and i just moved to jacksonville in january from iowa..he is was an avid duck hunter ...him and his group lived and breathed ducks... i was in fact told not to have our first child during season or id be alone in the hospital thats how much they love it..well here lyes the problem ...he knows no one and would like to hunt this year but, is afraid he wont ever because he doesnt know where to go or have anyone to go with ...not realy about haveing someone with you but ..to know where to go and find some common intrests as well. i hate to see him kinda lost. ducks and labs are his passion its in his blood and his family's blood but hes all alone here..does anyone know where a guy could go hunt up some ducks and have a good time maybe meet a person or two..oh and also does anyone know where we can shoot trap i love to shoot so does he....thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: mstrause07

hi there my husband and i just moved to jacksonville in january from iowa..he is was an avid duck hunter ...him and his group lived and breathed ducks... i was in fact told not to have our first child during season or id be alone in the hospital thats how much they love it..well here lyes the problem ...he knows no one and would like to hunt this year but, is afraid he wont ever because he doesnt know where to go or have anyone to go with ...not realy about haveing someone with you but ..to know where to go and find some common intrests as well. i hate to see him kinda lost. ducks and labs are his passion its in his blood and his family's blood but hes all alone here..does anyone know where a guy could go hunt up some ducks and have a good time maybe meet a person or two..oh and also does anyone know where we can shoot trap i love to shoot so does he....thanks
Sendthundermuga PM.......
Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a dog... watch out for gators. Happened to someone every year when I lived in SC. Terrible thing to hear about.

If I was y'all.... I'd save my money and take a trip to LA, MS, AR, or canada. There are spots here and there in Fla that I've heard about (mostly around Lake O.) that have some fair to decent duck hunting. But most of them are no big secret.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Swamp Collie

If you have a dog... watch out for gators. Happened to someone every year when I lived in SC. Terrible thing to hear about.

If I was y'all.... I'd save my money and take a trip to LA, MS, AR, or Canada. There are spots here and there in Fla that I've heard about (mostly around Lake O.) that have some fair to decent duck hunting. But most of them are no big secret.
I use to drive from westcentral Fl to Lake Talquin just west of Tallahasseeto duck hunt! I would rent a space for the travel trailer here and thereis also a real nice double wide boat ramp.....I would pull the trailer and my partner the 14' Jon boat.....This place is beautiful in the fall while on the lake.....

Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Swamp Collie

If I was y'all.... I'd save my money and take a trip to LA, MS, AR, or Canada. There are spots here and there in Fla that I've heard about (mostly around Lake O.) that have some fair to decent duck hunting. But most of them are no big secret.
I use to drive from westcentral Fl to Lake Talquin just west of Tallahasseeto duck hunt! I would rent a space for the travel trailer here and thereis also a real nice double wide boat ramp.....I would pull the trailer and my partner the 14' Jon boat.....This place is beautiful in the fall while on the lake.....

i was just fixing to mention Lake Talquin. when i hunt Joe Budd i could here them slaughtering the ducks.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lake Miccosukee (sp?) and Lake Jackson are other hotspots around Tallahassee. Snead's Smokehousenorth of Greenville,Fl. is a great place to duck hunt too and much less pressured. I use to hunt at Hickory Mound WMA for bluwing/greenwing teal also, on the gulf side during the early season. Around any of the rivers(aucilla,wacissa,ecofina, etc) in my area held decent populations of wood ducks and some widgeon.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Spike

you will find a great florida-specific duck hunting forum at http://www.floridawaterfowler.com/cg...assCookie=true, Since i last posted this thread, it has been my first duck hunting season that yielded my first duck!, , , yep, a banded drake woodie, i was soooo excited! tell your husband, mstrause, that he should visit those forums and try scouting Black Creek(near OrangePark), and Lake Samson/Rowell, where i shot this duck!, good luck!