When do they Drop?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

When do they Drop?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default When do they Drop?

Hey Guys,

Can anyone give me an idea of when the bucks will start dropping their antlers here in VA. I am new to shed hunting and would love a little guidance.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When do they Drop?

I've found sheds in early Feb. before. Not sure about this year though w/ all the warm weather, could be they drop later b/c food was good this winter, maybe they'll drop sooner, who knows. I do a lot of rabbit hunting and several of my beagles find them each season and bring them to me. I've been out 9 times in the last 12 days and haven't seen any yet though.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

coolbrez,

What did you think of the property in madison? I'm a member with Brad on that piece of land. If you all go out again, I hope to tag along. I heard you have some good rabbit dogs. Plus they find you sheds.

VAmike,
I have yet to find any sheds in my neck of the woods. Still seeing deer with antlers. PW County
Old 01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

I saw one yesterday across the road that had already lost one of his.(22 Jan 07)
Old 01-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

coolbrez,

What did you think of the property in madison? I'm a member with Brad on that piece of land. If you all go out again, I hope to tag along. I heard you have some good rabbit dogs. Plus they find you sheds.

VAmike,
I have yet to find any sheds in my neck of the woods. Still seeing deer with antlers. PW County
You all got a nice piece of property down there. Def. holds some rabbits and I'll bet a lot of deer.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 PM

I dont live in Va anymore butI do come back to shed hunt every year.The Woodbridge area is a very good spot to look for sheds.This year the sheds appear to be dropping earlier than usual.In the past I've found fresh sheds as early as Dec 19th along the Rt 1 corridor from Alex to Fredericksburg.My advice would be to start looking and if you bump a buck still packing bone back off and try again in a couple weeks. Good luck
Old 02-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

On Monday, Jan. 29, I saw a 4 pointer in the morning on the way to the archery range, so they still have thier headgear on. Surprised me too, as I didn't see anything that big when I was HUNTING them!!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I am in Chesapeake and the other night(01/29/07) at dusk, I saw 5 bucks feeding in a cut soybean field. Four of them were 8 points or better and one was a small 4 pointer. Obviously, all of them still had there headgear! They were all feeding within 30 yrds of each other. I just hope they all stay together til next year, as two of them were huge and should be even better next fall!!!