Oklahoma Rut Action? >

Oklahoma Rut Action?

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Rut Action?

Old 11-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahoma Rut Action?

Went out tonight didn't see any deer but I did see 6 hogs5 got away!
Old 11-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

This morning I finally saw it, a small 6 point chasing does!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:47 AM

Well lets see. Saw a small 4 point Sat morn. Alone and stupid (stood 30 yds from my tripod looking right at me). Did not see the does. Sat afternoon had sat in my ground blind for a good 2 hrs and at primetime (4:30PM) I hear an ATV and talking, I am like, what the???? I see a atv with a teenager and his girlfriend. I get out of my blind and ask them what they were doing, how they got in, etc. They left (hopefully to never return) and pretty much ruined my hunt (in my opinion), I sat until dark and only spotted a bobcat.

Sunday morning (rained most of the morning) sat in blind and didnt see anything. My buddy said he saw 3 does before daylight coming off the wheat. As I was leaving I spotted 5-6 does bedded down at the edge of the woods with no bucks in sight.

Didnt hunt Sun afternoon.

My opinion is that I have some younger bucks cruising and hounding the does but they arent ready and have changed their pattern. Dunno, not a very productive weekend......

What about everyone else? Still thinking about taking off a day this week for bowhunting but am not thrilled about the warm weather.

kb
Old 11-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Spike

Sunday afternoon was out and found a new rub and a ton of armadillos. Sat off a well used trail justleading to a wheat field and didn't see anything.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:22 AM

I hear ya Fishhead. Lets just say there are 3 less dillo's at our lease (they were coming right at me!)

KB
Old 11-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like the Oklahoma deer rut has not yet started or is just barely getting started. How long does the rut last once it gets started? Is the rut likely to last into the rifle gun season that starts November 18?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:40 AM

I was out Sunday afternoon and saw 2 adult does with three fawns. There was a nice 8 following them around, but I don't think he was chasing. I think we are still about a week or so away from some action. But hopefully it will start before every hunter with a gun gets out in the woods. I would like to take a nice one with my bow.