Bostick Plantation >

Bostick Plantation

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Bostick Plantation

Old 12-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bostick Plantation

I got news for you guys , the low country of SC has been commercialy hunted to death . I've hunted most of the commercial day hunts from Hardeville to Earhardt and Bamberg, Allendale countiesfor the past 20 years . The whole "fine " for shootin a small buck is a scam to put money in their pockets, the guys who run these "clubs" have no way of of justifying any kind of management . All they have are scattered tracts which are mostlty tree lines bordering plowed fields leased for the season.
When a tract goes up for a lease with no takers , usually a large club has had it for some time and exausted its resources.
They view out of state and especially Fl hunters as easy CA$H.

Recently,I was in a small town on 321 which will remain nameless for a hunt with a club i had hadnt hunted in 4 years.
A hunter from another group was charged a $200 fee for shootin a small buck, the only deer he and his group seen in 5days.
That money went right intotheguides pocket as a bonus , "management fee", total BS.

Its a scam ,stay out the low country in SC .
As for Bostic, its had a bad rep the last 12 years that I know of.
Save your money and go else where .
Old 12-16-2007, 09:13 AM

Me and a few friends hunted Bostick Plantation Sept '07 and had a miserable time. We did not see anything in four days. This was supposed to be a "Trophy Deer and Hog" hunt. The only thing we saw was an ambulance come and pick up one of the other hunters after one of Bosticks' tree stands fell with him. He looked in bad shape. I think he broke his leg and some ribs.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:50 AM

[:-] what a joke. I just came back from bostick plantation and my hunting days are over for the south because of this place. For one thing it is hunted to death the tree stands that our party used was in stable condition.That was the only thing stable about this place.The deer on this property was not seen by us or the hogs.I had no expectations of killing a wall hanger for 1000. but maybe a hog or a couple of doe. But this was not the case.The other hunters at the main lodge was just as upset.The deer know were the stands are located the stands have not been moved in a very long time.And yes they fine you for everything.The reason for this is by the third day of not seeing any deer or hog.If you do see something your ready to shoot.You must make quick decisions because the deer know where your located.They dont wait to let you get a scope on them.If you do see any.If you do go stay at the main lodge in the room 4 you have plenty of freinds to sleep with like roaches.No kiddin.If you like to eat good come here cooks were the best.Just save your money for another year and go on a good hunt.Just like the old saying you get what you pay for.I hope this helped.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: rem 264

[:-] what a joke. I just came back from bostick plantation and my hunting days are over for the south because of this place. For one thing it is hunted to death the tree stands that our party used was in stable condition.That was the only thing stable about this place.The deer on this property was not seen by us or the hogs.I had no expectations of killing a wall hanger for 1000. but maybe a hog or a couple of doe. But this was not the case.The other hunters at the main lodge was just as upset.The deer know were the stands are located the stands have not been moved in a very long time.And yes they fine you for everything.The reason for this is by the third day of not seeing any deer or hog.If you do see something your ready to shoot.You must make quick decisions because the deer know where your located.They dont wait to let you get a scope on them.If you do see any.If you do go stay at the main lodge in the room 4 you have plenty of freinds to sleep with like roaches.No kiddin.If you like to eat good come here cooks were the best.Just save your money for another year and go on a good hunt.Just like the old saying you get what you pay for.I hope this helped.
Hey rem 264 ,

I wish you would've read this thread prior to going out there. I havent been back to the region in 3 years or so , I see nothings changed . Your mentioning of how they deer are spoked brings back memories , not good just memories.

Hope the rest of your season goes better.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I have also hunted at Bostick, if you can call it "hunting" there. Total waste of money! The lodge was a dump, stands unsafe, the food sucked and guides had noclue. Stay far, far away from that place.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Once again, the stories roll in. Anyone wanting to hunt hogs in SC at a commercialoperation do check around and ask for references. As Virginia Mike stated, no hogs can legally be turned loose into the wild in SC any more, so to go on a pay hunt with good success you have to go to a high fence preserve. All unfenced areas have been hunted out or the hogs leave after hunting pressure has been put on them. You can imagine some of these places that have been advertised in the back of nearly every hunting mag out there for the last 25 years having clients year round shooting their hogs. Even hogs can be over hunted. And as was mentioned, you get what you pay for. The two hogs for one low price sales pitch sounds good until you not only don't get two but you see zero. And so does most everybody else in your party. It's a d!@# shame that there are those in the hunting community that will take advantage of other hunters who are just trying to enjoy going to someplace different to hunt. We have enough to deal with the antis. There are good places here in SC to hunt, just check them out before you spend your hard earned dollars.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM

Me and my freinds us to say western maryland was going down hill for hunting.But i will take that statement back.What i should do is charge 1000. dollars and set the hunters on state land and at least they will see wildlife.No afence to the other outfitters in the south they are probably good.I cant speak for the others just Bostick was a bad plantation.My fault, little time to study and shop around and little money.Please learn off of me.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 AM
Spike

Default Bostick Plantation

I only wish I had found this discussion group before driving 1600 miles round trip from Baton Rouge, LA to hunt hogs at Bostick in January 2010. They had shut the corn feeders down and were throwing out only a few hatfuls of corn at what appeared to be random locations and times. My buddy from Raleigh, NC, and I saw no hogs and left before the last morning hunt. We asked for a partial refund for the hunt and they gave him $50.00, presumably because he was going to be talking at the Dixie Deer Classic in a couple of weeks. We found the equipment run down, the facilities run down but an excellent guide staff.

Although we were not deer hunting the only deer I saw were does and young bucks.

Although Bostick may have been something special in the past, I would not recommend a hunt there to any one.