Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Louisiana

Old 12-21-2005, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Louisiana

Well I went to thistlewaite this morning. seen alot of does. jumped one. scared the hell out of me. didn't see anything close. going back tomorrow. man thats a nice buck trebliq.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was raised mostly in Illinois, but all of my Dad's family lives in Louisiana, scattered from Starks to Lafayette. I've done some hunting and trapping in Calcasieu, Jeff Davis, and Acadia parish in the past when I lived down there. Nowadays, i'm lucky toget in a quick hunt when i am down to chase chickens for Mardi Gras.

I heard that the state islimiting access to the marshlands roughly south of hwy 14, even for people with land and leases down there. Maybe its just post-hurricanne rumors, but i would like tohear what's happened to the hunting down toward the coast since the hurricanne. It's bad enough that it wiped out Holly Beach.....
Old 12-22-2005, 12:05 AM

I'm from St. James Parish.

We mainly hunt the Red River Management Area. This year has been really dry and unproductive - probably the worst year we've recently had. Hopefully things'll pick up now that the rut is near.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:20 AM

Well we had a camp in grand cheneir. now its out in the marsh. from what i hear the coast line is messed up pretty bad. my brother is working in freshwater city right now and he said he saw some deer out in the marsh, so thats a good thing. just hope all of this turns into something good. who knows.