Fort Stewart, GA

Old 12-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Spike

Default Fort Stewart, GA

Anyone hunting Fort Stewart?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fort Stewart, GA

I've been hunting out there.This is my 4th year hunting it.It is beautiful.I'm just now learning the QDM area's.I usually hunt on the glennville side in the Delta's,and Echo's.What part are you hunting?I have seen alot of deer,and turkeys.I took a doe in E-14.I have let some small one's go in the QDM sections.I saw some hogs in E-8.I thought about doing the special hunt in B-4,but I ran up on a guy that said he hasn't been able to hunt it,because it keeps getting filled up.Have you had any luck?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:13 AM

been several years since I hunted the Ft. area.I have a cousin that lives in Claxton and we hunted the Daisy and Glenville side also.
can't remember the area #'s just know it was on the north west side.we took several nice bucks, a few hogs. no turkey's.I would like to do some spring gobbler hunting.I have never saw so many birds anywhere.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!PLease don't tell everyone about the turkeys!There are no turkeys at Ft.Stewart disregard tree climbers statement[8D].They must have all died since he was last there.You were probably in the F's...(foxtrots),around the canoochee river.Ft.Stewart is awesome.There is game everywhere.It's so beautiful,and there is sign everywhere.That kind of makes it hard to hunt.You just don't know where to start...
Old 12-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Spike

I've hunted almost exclusively in B-23, just because that's where I started, and I'm so overwhelmed by the size of it all that I just can't figureout where to start. My stepson killed a deer there the first time I took him. The second time I took him (last weekend), he passed on a trio of doesbecause he wanted to shoot a buck.

I want to try some of the blackpowder / archery areas now that gun season is in, as I'm suspecting that there aren't a lot ofpeople in there.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

F's,B's,E's,and the C's are the most popular for deer.The first time I went to Ft.Stewart we went to B-21.I saw a big buck but couldn't get a shot.Since I stay over by glennville I'll tell you where that spot is.When you past the B-21,B-23,and C-13 cross roads (fs59 & fs67)keep going north on fs67 with B-21 on your left.There was a huge crossing on that road where they were coming out of B-21 going into C-13.Past fs57,and before fs77a.The ditch is cut along the road,but there was a small ramp on the left where the deer were crossing.Standing on fs67 looking into B-21.It will look like there is a thicket out in front of you.Stay on the left of that thicket.Walking straight away from the road going into B-21.I think there are 2 firebreaks.Running parralell with the road behind you.Both of them old.The first one will kind of deadend in thick junk.The 2nd one is the one you want to walk.It ismaybe 250-300yds or so from the road.Follow it to the left.Go about 150yds or so,and you will see an earth berm that is to the right of that firebreak.It is in between a creek bottom,and a 1/8th acre pond(with the pond being on the left of it,and the creek bottom being on the right.).It's Like an earth bridge.Cross it.When you get to the end of it climb up and look out in front of you.You will be in some big pines looking over the palmettos.There are some water holes off to the right.The buck came out of the strand on the right,and went from my right to my left.Straight away.I didn't have a gun rest at the time.He wouldn't stop walking,and I didn't feel comfortable with the shot.It was a good spot.I saw some fox squirrels in there too.It has been 3 yrs since I have been there,but the land should be the same.

We have been seeing alot of animals this year.I have made 5 trips.I have seen a doe,a nubbin',two 4 pts,a 6pt,and a spike,about 30 or so Turkeys.And 6 hogs.I am hunting the QDM areas,so I couldn't take the bucks.I am going to be hunting Stewart the rest of the year.I will be there this weekend.If you want to meet up I'll try and put you on one.Let me know.I've seen everything(except the turkeys)on the food plots.I wanted to hunt C-9,but they haven't opened it....I know for atleast the last 2 months.I have seen more people this year,but the deer have been moving pretty good.Let me know if you find that spot,or want to go hunting.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah,and there are alot of people that think like us.I thought the same,but they are getting pressure too.Especially B-5 since that guy killed the ONLY P&Y deer ever on Ft.Stewart there,back in 2003 I believe.I hunted A-16 one time it was alright.I might pull my slug gun out if you want to go tag team one of those areas.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Never hunted Fort Stewart but I was stationed there for 2 years in the infantry. Walked alot of miles in that swamp.I was the point man. Here I am with compass and map.LOL

Old 12-17-2005, 06:36 AM
Spike

Wow, talk about a full-service post! Thanks for the info. I'll be there 2-3 days this coming week, as I'm on vacation. Next weekend, I'll probably not be able to hunt. Are you able to go during the week?

I really, REALLY appreciate the info. I've thought about hunting the QDM areas, but I assumed that it was probably hunted very heavily. As I mentioned, it seems to me thatthe muzzleloader and archery areasthat are close to the population areas ought to have some deer moving, as they can't get hunted as heavily as the gun areas.

I really should have done more pre-season scouting, and I won't make that mistake next year. Let me know if you think you'll be out there this week.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:50 PM

I killed this 7pt. in E-2 in Ft. Stewart back in 1965..was my first big buck.
When I first started hunting Ftl. Stewart you went to the Provost Marshel's station and got a day pass for $2.00. You could shoot the wild cows in there back then..although you never saw anything but their tracks.

Quick Reply: Fort Stewart, GA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.