Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE! >

11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

Old 12-11-2005, 04:56 PM

Default 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

I posted in the deer hunting forum a few days ago, but forgot the most important forum.....where he came from.....THE SOUTH!!

I've been watching this guy for over three years and have had a bead on him more than once, but never wanted to just throw a pop shot at him. About a month ago I had him 15 yds away with the Muzzleloader and the powder didn't fire cause it had been raining all day.He just flinched when the cap went off. I finally caught up to him last night. I snuck in on him while he was in the heavy stuff and waited him out for over an hour and a half while he pushed over small trees while making rubs right in front of me. Enough to give you heart failure. I had no clear shot until a group of does he was chasing ran up over the hill I was on and I finally got a clear shot after almost pulling the trigger 3 times. He was moving in and out of the heavy stuff and every time I thought I was gonna shoot, he'd step in front of something else. He finally steped out long enough for me to get a shot and here he is!!

Old 12-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

Awesome looking deer!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

not to steal bigboars thunder, but heres another florida buck taken this year....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/ruffnupcriminals50/Hunting/100_0531.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/ruffnupcriminals50/Hunting/100_0530.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/ruffnupcriminals50/Hunting/100_0528.jpg

150 pound 8 point with 17 1/2 inch spread....taken from a florida wildlife management area.

i'm sorry the pictures aren't inside this post....but i haven't figured out how to do this. when i reduce the file size, it makes the picture so small you that you can hardly see it.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome buck for florida bigboar23!!!I love the palmation on his left beam.So I guess I only have one question...Will the mount be looking left or right?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM

FULL DOWN SNEAK TO THE LEFT!!!!.........LOL
Old 12-12-2005, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

big boar, you live near me...which taxidermist did you take hime to? i use R. J. Dolphi in Mt. Plymouth. he is a family friend and has always treated us right. he also started processing wild game too, if you would be interested.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i also forgot to mention, R. J. Dolphi on average get's your mount done in 6-8 weeks. he is reasonably priced at around $300.00. there is other taxadermist in the area that exceed $500.00 and take up to a year.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 AM

I appreciaite the info, but I use a guy here in Orlando for a few years now and he has done all my mounts from Deer to Gators to Boar. I do appreciate the info though. My processor is pretty hard to beat as well. I got real lucky, so believe me I know why you're offering the info. Good people are hard to find in this industry sometimes.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:56 AM

CamoCop : don't reduce the size of the pic on photobucket. usually they are ok.
just click on the pic. and it brings up the chosies,click on properties usually the bottom one. that will popup an address screen. highlite the addy and click copy,X that screen,then come to you post. put in the brackets.

you pic. should show up in you post.looks longand hard but it's not after you get the hang of it.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've tried that tree climber, but all it did was put the link in the post, no picture

Quick Reply: 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.