HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!
Old 12-11-2005, 04:56 PM
bigboar23

Default 11 POINT FLA DEER, FORGOT TO POST HERE!

I posted in the deer hunting forum a few days ago, but forgot the most important forum.....where he came from.....THE SOUTH!!

I've been watching this guy for over three years and have had a bead on him more than once, but never wanted to just throw a pop shot at him. About a month ago I had him 15 yds away with the Muzzleloader and the powder didn't fire cause it had been raining all day.He just flinched when the cap went off. I finally caught up to him last night. I snuck in on him while he was in the heavy stuff and waited him out for over an hour and a half while he pushed over small trees while making rubs right in front of me. Enough to give you heart failure. I had no clear shot until a group of does he was chasing ran up over the hill I was on and I finally got a clear shot after almost pulling the trigger 3 times. He was moving in and out of the heavy stuff and every time I thought I was gonna shoot, he'd step in front of something else. He finally steped out long enough for me to get a shot and here he is!!