Georgia hunters >

Georgia hunters

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Georgia hunters

Old 10-30-2005, 09:37 AM
Spike

Default Georgia hunters

Are you seeing any rubs or scrapes yet? I have two clubs in west central Georgia and as of two weeks ago there was only a few rubs on 1600 acres. It seems as though our rut is around end of Nov and again in late Dec. This years might be even later.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Georgia hunters

We saw alot of rubs and scraps from oct 1st to about the 17th,but things have slacked back off.We haven't been seeing near as many deer this year either,but there have beenmore big bucks killed this year.I know our deer start earlier than yours.I live in coastal se Ga.Our deer normally rut in the last of sept,to mid oct.Then they will do a little bit in mid nov.I am having a very hard year myself.I haven't seen a deer while holding my rifle yet.Good luck to you.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 PM

I've only seen one rub so far, no scrapes. The cedar tree that I saw with the rub was about 8 inches in diameter. So I relocated my trail camera to see what type of monster is tearing up this cedar. Strange thing this year, haven't seen any does. Only bucks, anywhere from spikes up to an 9 pointer...Maybe I'm just hunting in the right area ??? I hunt up here in NW Ga, in Floyd / Polk counties.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:18 AM

I hunt in Monroe county and we have seen some rubs and scrapes. A buddy got a 8 pointer the other day and the neck was really swollen, they seem to think the rut is already in. Which is odd, but not out of the question here.

It seems the rut pattern here, is just like our weather, not very predictable.

I saw 2 the other, I saw the monster buck everyone is trying to get atleast a glimpse of on our club, this monster was huge, but was way to far for me to get a shot and I did not want to risk scaring him away. He was trailing a doe.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 AM

alot of rubs in morgan county
Old 11-02-2005, 03:14 AM

Well I have finailly seen my first rub and some small scraps just this past weekend on Oct 30th..over in heard county. The deer are starting to move a little more since we had that cold weather. Talk between us around camp is the wk of the Nov 13th maybe when rut starts to take place since the signs are starting to come.We are all hoping...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen deer Tuesday,and wed.I think they are moving a little better,but a cold front will help alot.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 AM

My husband saw one on Monday. We are gong back today, so we will see. So far the sighting have been less than last year ths time. Hopefully they will start moving soon. One problem witho our club, is they came and cut almost 90% of the timber off it last year, although we did have lots of kills last year. This year things have really grown up and they can bed down every where. It is hard to see this unless they come out on the road and you can catch them moving. We jumped one that was bedded down on opening day, the only thing we saw was white as it was running away. They also build house on one side and we have a landfil on the other side.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:26 PM

I have some land in oglethorpe county and last saturday our land was covered up in scrapes and rubs
Old 11-11-2005, 10:11 AM

We startyed seeing scrapes in mid OCT in Wilkes county. The ut got into full force around the end of October and we were still seeing some activity last weekend.

Quick Reply: Georgia hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.