Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

gator hunt

Old 08-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default gator hunt

How could a feller go on a gator hunt and not pay an arm and and a leg? I just want to shot one, I'm not concerned with an logding or meals. I dont want anything fancey. It doesn't have to be an outfitter. Just someone with some tags. They can keep the most the meat and the hide, I would like the head if possible.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gator hunt

you'd basically have to have a friend with a nuisance gator permit if that's the way you want to do it.....you have to get drawn for tags, then pay bookoo, even if you go just to shoot you have to find someone with a permit and a you'll still have to pay a $50.00 agent license......it's one reason why i never did it......i'll be going this year to video, getting an agent licesne just incase i have to help, without one i couldnt even hold a rope if it were connected to the gator......they will be out in force and i'm not taking any chances of getting ticketed......
Old 08-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: gator hunt

I've got two tags for the first hunt in September & have two friend who each have two tags, we hunt Lake Monroe & Lake Jasper in Central Florida & Lake Okchobbeedown South. I could probaly get you in on a hunt, if you wanted to trade a hunt or something. Where are you located?
By the way the state record of just over 14 feet was taken out of Lake Jasper! Both Monroe & Jasper are concerned throphy zones& are hard to get even for residents.