Community
Bowfishing Everything from carp to gator to gar, from the rivers to the oceans; this is the place to share information and stories about bowfishing.

gator hunt

Old 07-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Default gator hunt

HEYHas any one ever been on a gator hunt,i got picked for ageorgia gator huntand was just wanting to get a few tips, i have to use a bow to shoot the gator but once i get it to the boat i can take it down with a hand gun and (shameless plug)check out my new siteTHT | TROPHY HUNTING TRIPSand check out the link huntn.biz you can get paid to hunt and fish code 9996 email me back at [email protected]for info

Old 07-27-2005, 09:15 AM

Default RE: gator hunt

I'll be going again this year. All I can say for tips is EQUIPTMENT,EQUIPTMENT, EQUIPTMENT. Make sure you have that AMS slotted retreiver reel with the attachable float. It's a litlle costly, but more than worth it's weight in gold. I tried using older bowfishing gear last year and I have never been so frustrated on a hunt.There were gators just waiting to be shot again and I was winding up string by hand.Tip 2 Don't shine your headlamp directly at them until you are ready to shoot. Aim it off to the side a little(just enough to see the reflection of the eye). If not, they will submerge before you get into bow range.I sell a hog hunting light for bows that attaches to the stabilizer hole. It was designed to hunt hogs at night under feeders, but evryone is using them for bowfishing now. They have a red and a blue filter as well. Less intrusive to the gators eye. It is trigger activated as well so you can wait till the last minute to turn it on. We will be using those this year.Tip 3 Make sure the boat you are on has a trolling motor so you can sneak in close quietly. Good luck and if you want to check out the light, just use the link below.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

bigboar23,
How bright is that light? We've been out chasing bighead carp around and that light sounds like it might be good for them.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:09 AM

Brighter than any out there that I have seen. I just came back from an Expo in Lakeland and even the other dealers were pretty impressed with it's range. Without the blue or red filter you can shoot in the dark approx.25 - 30 yds. I shoot it in the backyard with the red filter in at 15 yds without any problems.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:04 PM

thanks for the info and you said your lightshines about 25 yards, i guess thats good enough- being i can shoot an animal at 150 yards ha ha! hey buddy email at matthewcmill@aol i might link your siteon my site if you would likeTHT | TROPHY HUNTING TRIPS 2005-2006 1
Old 07-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a link to info on that light?
It seems worth a look.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amanita, I think that light's the cat's meow. What type batteries does it take bigboar?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

I bought one... so we'll see how well it works for my kind of bowfishing. I'm curious about the type of battery and battery life.

I'll have a full report as soon as I can test it. (guess I'll have to go after bigheads again... darn.. it's rough...)

BTW, post the pictures of the canoe here too. That's cool how you rigged that up.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:51 AM

It uses a 9 volt battery. The better the battery the better it shines too. When I first got one I put in a cheap battery and thought something was wrong. I stuck an Energizer in there and boy I was wrong. It shines real bright. I think you all will be more than happy with it. You can use my link down here in the signature to get to my sight. From there it is in the products section.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I checked it out.

I was hoping somebody would come up with a bow mounted light that had a momentary switch like that. Looks great!

Quick Reply: gator hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.