Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 VA Bowhunters, have you heard this?!?! >

VA Bowhunters, have you heard this?!?!

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA Bowhunters, have you heard this?!?!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: VA Bowhunters, have you heard this?!?!

ORIGINAL: Rebel Dog
Makes since, where I was speaking of it seems the houses are stacked on each other. Butch i hope my last posting wasn't offensive.
Not at all, Rebel Dog... Not at all... I know what you are saying. It would mostly pertain to the close-in, tightly packed, suburban homes, I would think. The city of Richmond has a permanent ban on practically everything, but the outlying counties were not a problem with bows.

I am always extremely careful with my bow in my backyard and make sure I have a solid backstop behind my "Black Hole" target. My neighbors have seen me shoot my bow (standard 20 yd shot) and commented that it looks hard to do. That was it... They didn't "freak out" or anything or call the cops. They didn't mind at all.

Butch A.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:48 AM

This is bad news....we practice in our backyard all the time. We're very careful, and we're normally using traditional equipment. However, my 12 year old son has a compound, and he does practice (safely) out behind the house.
I despise too much regulation; is the next law going to say that I can't eat my dessert until I finish my vegetables?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:53 PM

I can see the reason for the law. i feel sorry for those suburbanites but hey for what they pay to live those sardine can neighborhoods they could live out .

Old 07-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Spike

Stay away from the boards, and look what happens. Frederick Co is gettin built up so fast that the majority is well under the 2 acre limit. Altough I do understand the safety aspect.