Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What happened to the yotes?

Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 AM

Default What happened to the yotes?

I went out hunting this weekend with my friend. We went out about an hour before the sun came up. We parked his truck on the side of the road and turned on the coyote locater on the caller, after about five minutes we shut it off and we could here what sounded like at least 6 yotes in a small valley at the base of a hill about 1/2 a mile away. So we drove down the road another mile. Before we got out of the truck we sprayed on some scent remover and then some coyote urine on the bottom of our boots. We walked around the hill we thought they were around and set up over looking the valley then sprayed some more coyote urine on bushes around us just to make sure we covered our scent. The set looked perfect, I was expecting the cavalry to come running in as soon as we turned on the caller. We let the hurtin' jack play for 30 minutes and didnt see a damb thing. There was a thick layer of fog but we could see to about 200 yards out. Do you think the fog had anything to do with it?What do you guys think we did wrong?
Old 01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What happened to the yotes?

Drove a mile the wrong way?