Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

To Farmers And Ranchers

Old 12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default To Farmers And Ranchers

Would you pay some one to remove Coyotes and Beavers from your Farms and/or Ranches ?

And if you did how would you pay for it ?

Thank You

jrbsr
Old 12-06-2004, 12:23 PM

Default RE: To Farmers And Ranchers

I don't control any of the finances on our family's farm. (Uncle runs it) And we don't have much of a problem with beavers in our area. However, if Coyotes were getting out of hand I'd gladly put a bounty on each set of ears you brought me.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:00 PM

It doesn't usually happen here jr. I am a heavy trapper as well as a landowner. People ask to trap/hunt yotes on our land and it is appreciated however we do not offer any reward. I handle the beaver end of the farm and trap on many other peices of land other than my own. I also ask permission and am not rewarded. The price of the pelt is my reward i guess. If populations sore here the Rural Municipality usually steps in and offers a reward for beaver tails taken in a specific area however this hasn't happened for a number of years now.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope, I use self help!

I guess if they were causing major damage, but they haven't in a long time. I don't think we have lost any livestock to one in 10 to 15 years, maybe more. Our beefmaster cows have a lot more spunk than the old herefords and crosses.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

well were i live if you shoots beaver you take it to the irrigation district office and they will pay you $40. as for yote there few guys around here that will pay $20 a whole dog for the pelt. thats here in alberta