Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I hate ranchers sometimes!!! >

I hate ranchers sometimes!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hate ranchers sometimes!!!

Old 07-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default I hate ranchers sometimes!!!

Well I just went to the lease to check on things and put out my game cam and WOW!!!!! 450-500 acres was whiped out , not a single living plant for as far as you could see, the rancher aireal sprayed it with a product called "BRASH" very nasty stuff, it killed all the trees and plants, I know the ranch makes over a quarter mill a year off its cattle , but dang alittle warning goes a long way..... We payed to hunt 1450 acres, not a 1000.... so all six of us that hunt the property are meeting out there fri. night to take a good look at how bad it is and then we are going to get our ducks in a row and have a talk with the ranch manger about a possible cost adjustment of letting us hunt more land to the east..... man this just plain sucks!!
Old 07-14-2005, 09:02 PM

Default RE: I hate ranchers sometimes!!!

I cant feel bad for ya, I hunt state land and CFR land and if you think ranchers are hard to deal with imagine going into your stand to find a guy in a orange vest marking your tree (that you have used for 3 years, with some luck) to be cut, not next year but in 4 days. Then imagine what it feels like to haveyour state sell the ground your family has hunted on for years to a sulfid mine. At least you can talk tothe rancher and reason with him, there is on reasoning withGovernment or logers.

Man if people keep buying up this earth there wont be anything left for the little guy to use.
Best of luck in the fall, and hope it all works out.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear of that.
Reminds me of spending all summer (happened twice) making me a bowhuntinghoney hole in my piney woods lease only to have them clear cut my area in September[:@].
Old 07-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dont understand why they would kill all the vegetation ??? What do the cattle eat ?? DUST
Old 07-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I dont understand why they would kill all the vegetation ??? What do the cattle eat ?? DUST
They kill off the undesireable vegetation to make way for desireable forage .
Old 07-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that, but he could be putting in something as good or better. See what he has to say. I wouldn't call it fubar yet.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, we would have to come to an agreement on a cost adjustment that I could live with or I would have to take my own cost adjustment out, one way or the other.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:26 AM

That really bites. I am clearing a 700 acre ranch near Austin. I use a bobcat with a brushshark for heavy brush, a terminater for larger items. We had a state biologist on this property to advise on maintaining a good environment for wildlife. What did they spray mesquite?

Old 07-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I doubt he sprayed to produce a good dust bowl. He's going to put something there that'll probably attract a lot more critters your way. Be patient. Look at it this way, he's created a couple temporary bottlenecks for you. I wouldn't get too upset and high and mighty with the landlord over him farming his place. Find out what he intends to do with it. It's possible he'll leave a couple swaths around the edges you could use to plant some sure enough deer forage. It will only get better. 1000 acreas surrounding a nice field is worth the wait. Patience is a virtue Grasshopper. You start having a feud with a landowner over the way he's doing what he wants with "HIS" land...... you're going to loose. I'm sure there are plenty of others standing in line waiting for the lease. If he has ore acreage adjacent you might try for a "temporary swap", but I'd play nice.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:18 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I doubt he sprayed to produce a good dust bowl. He's going to put something there that'll probably attract a lot more critters your way. Be patient. Look at it this way, he's created a couple temporary bottlenecks for you. I wouldn't get too upset and high and mighty with the landlord over him farming his place. Find out what he intends to do with it. It's possible he'll leave a couple swaths around the edges you could use to plant some sure enough deer forage. It will only get better. 1000 acreas surrounding a nice field is worth the wait. Patience is a virtue Grasshopper. You start having a feud with a landowner over the way he's doing what he wants with "HIS" land...... you're going to loose. I'm sure there are plenty of others standing in line waiting for the lease. If he has ore acreage adjacent you might try for a "temporary swap", but I'd play nice.
Couldn't say it any better. Just remember, It could always be worse!!!

Quick Reply: I hate ranchers sometimes!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.