Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

First coyote hunt -- CANCELLED

Old 11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default First coyote hunt -- CANCELLED

I think this Friday night will be my first yote hunt. They're all over this farm I'm going to. I've got a cotton tail in distress call -- lots of cotton tails in my area. I've got my NEF .223 sighted in pretty good. Got the camo. I may knock together some shooting sticks a la Varmint AL. Anything else I need?

ARG!!!
I have permission to hunt rabbits at this farm. This past October, I was over visiting, and I mention 'yotes, and the farmer's wife said, "I hate those things. You can shoot all of them you want."

I called last night to ask if tonight would be a good night to come out and hunt, and the farmer says, "We don't want you hunting coyote here, only rabbits."

Well, I was friendly and said, "Ok, I'll give you a call when the snow starts falling." But man, Am I angry!!! I have to respect his wishes, of course. And I don't want to bow my relationship with them, but...AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!![:@][:@]

I've got no other place to hunt right now, so it looks like I'll be home cleaning the guns instead.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:15 PM

Default RE: First coyote hunt

Sounds like you got it pretty much covered but set up against the wind so they dont bust ya and watch your back as alot like to make a big circle and come in down wind. Good luck
Old 11-11-2004, 08:21 AM

Good luck with that, have fun!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:27 PM

good luck hunt the with the wind in your face as 1dahunter said. you learn a lot when hunting these little critters. tons of fun to. don't get discouraged if you don't get anything at first just keep at it. try to hunt the feilds and if you can't hunt near water and if you can hunt downhill from where you want the yotes to come. learn the lipsqueak and once they get close use that to stop them.

good luck and shoot a few