HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First coyote hunt -- CANCELLED
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 08:41 AM
etothepii
Giant Nontypical

Default First coyote hunt -- CANCELLED

I think this Friday night will be my first yote hunt. They're all over this farm I'm going to. I've got a cotton tail in distress call -- lots of cotton tails in my area. I've got my NEF .223 sighted in pretty good. Got the camo. I may knock together some shooting sticks a la Varmint AL. Anything else I need?

ARG!!!
I have permission to hunt rabbits at this farm. This past October, I was over visiting, and I mention 'yotes, and the farmer's wife said, "I hate those things. You can shoot all of them you want."

I called last night to ask if tonight would be a good night to come out and hunt, and the farmer says, "We don't want you hunting coyote here, only rabbits."

Well, I was friendly and said, "Ok, I'll give you a call when the snow starts falling." But man, Am I angry!!! I have to respect his wishes, of course. And I don't want to bow my relationship with them, but...AARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!![:@][:@]

I've got no other place to hunt right now, so it looks like I'll be home cleaning the guns instead.