Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Lance & Weas go calling

Old 09-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default Lance & Weas go calling

Twelve minutes into the first stand of the morning, BANG! Lance drops a coyote coming into the Al(TheHuntedOne)Woodard's distress call with his EBR. Thanks THO , good shooting Lance!
Next stand, Lance calls a coyote to ten feet or so in front of him and fires a warning shot across his bow with his 338 Win. Mag! This coyote didn't vacate our space fast enough so Lance fired another warning shot. The coyote took the clue and disappeared in the three foot tall sage. I never saw that coyote. I was scrambling for cover as that big boomer makes a fearsome roar when it's trigger is tripped. The Weas was developing a facial tic after the first shot, after the second shot I had to check vital stats and britches.
Third stand, Lance (boy can this guy call) calls in a weasel! Not me,the hairy kind! Not me, the four legged kind!
The rest of the day was spent taking a scenic drive and admiring pronghorn antelope, muledeer, jackrabbits, and some of the most beautiful scenery Utah has to offer. When our butts got tired from sitting in the truck for so long, we made various other stands, mostly just to make sure the windspeed was still approaching hurricane velocity and to measure rain fall. The critters didn't want to come out and play in the bad weather so we just enjoyed it ourselves. Another fun thing was seeing four bull elk on the way out this morning. It was a great day for me. Did I mention Lance sure can call? I think I learned a few things today. Here is the Al "TheHuntedOne" Woodard's call that I used to call the first coyote.

Old 09-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lance & Weas go calling

jeez take a valium and slow down a bit did you write that all in one breath???
Old 09-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

As all of your posts, HighDesertWolf , your comment makes no sense at all.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a blast, Wease...

Funny you called in a Weasel. Good thing your name isn't toothless mama.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a blast weasel.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

As all of your posts, HighDesertWolf , your comment makes no sense at all.
and what do you mean by that?? man I wasnt trying to insult ya, but you sucessfully insulted me.

From Tazman:

I am not the Moderator for this forum so I am am not familiar with your normal posting patterns, but obscenites and insults of this manner are unacceptable in a family site like this, please refrain from this in the future. BTW letter substitution didn't help at all with what I edited out.