Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

electronic calls ethical?

Old 07-21-2004, 10:23 PM

Default electronic calls ethical?

personally i would never use one because i dont think that it is ethical to use just because it works to good. Someone is probebly saying "if there is a golf club that makes you hit farther why dont you use it?" well the fact is even there is limits in golf clubs and i think that for hunting being able to use electronic calls is the limit/unethical (in BC, where i come from, you have never been allowed to use bait/electronic calls but the government has said that this year we can use electronic calls for predators) i just wanted to hear what everyone else thought
Old 07-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: electronic calls ethical?

I don't see an electronic call being any more unethical than calling with just your mouth and hands or a game call . Is calling itself ethical ? Sure it is .

My state allows them for predator , but is considering a proposal to allow them for other species . Baiting is illegal here .
Old 07-22-2004, 06:14 AM

Kevin;
I don't see your logic here. Comparing electronic calls to golf clubs. Do you consider using duck or goose calls unethical, what about turkey calls. Or using moose or elk calls, are these unethical? They all have there place in hunting. Some people don't consider using a compound bows as ethical. The way I see it if you do not want to use a certain call then don't. Just because you go out and use a e-caller, doesn't mean that every time you go out hunting your going to shoot or see an animal. This doesn't happen. Is it ethical to use dogs for hunting bear or cougar? Like I said before where is your logic here?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:17 AM

OOPS.....This wasn't meant for Kevin. Sorry. It was meant for hunting_is_my_obsession.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Using your logic you can't use a 22-250 Rem instead of a 223 Rem since you can shoot farther and faster. Oh wait, why would you be able to use a centerfire at all? Better use a rimfire since it is more challenging. Oh, scratch that, you have to use a rock and throw it because all firearms are unethical and shouldn't be used. Can't wear camo either since that gives you an advantage. For that matter you can't wear clothes at all since we were all born without them. Oh, and you can't use your cognitive reasoning since it would be unethical to gain an advantage over the animal....Geez.
Old 07-22-2004, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Of course they are ethical.

QUOTE:
"personally i would never use one because i dont think that it is ethical to use just because it works to good."

Who convinced you that they are any better than a mouth blown call?
A mouth blown call is more versatile. If you don't wish to use one, don't. I don't have a commercial electronic call, but I have no problem with those that have them, using them.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:32 PM

I think just my .02$ worth is this.

The states/provinces have their own unique game regs which sets the stage for legal hunting methods & weapons in their own area. If its a "legal hunting method" in a perticular area, why as hunters try to judge other hunters when there are a ton of anti's out there that would love for us to start bickering amongst ourselves?

Heres a analogy. If I bowhunt traditionally & you bowhunt with a compound with carbon arrows are you being ethical? Its not in question b/c its a legal hunting method.

The other hand if you think ..............fishing for trout with explosives in BC on Lake Chilliwack is ok & BC hunting/fishing regs says its not legal, then its unethical, poaching & wrong.

All I'm trying to say is if its legal why give someone a hard time over the way someone else chooses to hunt or fish.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

personally i would never use one because i dont think that it is ethical to use just because it works to good.
I don't know who told you or why you beleive that an ecaller will work "too" good, but when you say that, are you saying that you beleive it to be superior over hand calls in its effectiveness?
I have a lot of friends that call, and several of them call coyotes in competitions, and none, and I repeat, NONE of the competitions are won by guys using ecallers!
So, if Ecallers are that much better, why would that be? Because a person with a good selection of hand calls and the ability to use them well along with knowledge of his prey and what they prey on, will fool his prey easier by using his hand calls.
I also enter calling compititions, on occasion, and I also don't use, don't even own, an ecaller, and never will.
And also, to say an ecaller is "unethical" is way off base. To me, to shoot an animal, only to wound it, and not try to recover it, that is unethical! Or to shoot an elk with a .22lr, that is unethical!
If you have been led to beleive that you simply take an ecaller out hunting, turn it on, and you have instant success, you have been led down a dead-end road. I don't see it in any way as "cheating" when compared to my hand calls, as a matter of fact, I see it as being a "cruch" compared to good hand calls!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:54 AM

I don't see a thing wrong with using an ecaller for predators.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:13 PM

i use ecallers of r hunting yote..and there have been many times that i havnt called a single thing in.....so my for my 2 cents..i dont think that it is unethical

Quick Reply: electronic calls ethical?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.