Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

electronic calls ethical?

Old 08-06-2004, 04:27 PM

Default RE: electronic calls ethical?

Hunting is my obsession, I think you need to re-evaluate your own definition of "unethical" as it relates to your objective. In (your) way of thinking. I suppose an artificial call of any sort would qualify as unethical along with any modern weapon to gain a better advantage. Perhaps a simple lip squeek and a club would level the playing field, since after all this is not a life or death situation.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:33 PM

I have called in many more coyotes with hand calls than a e-caller.My e-caller has its place i use it for sounds that i dont have mouth cals for such as house cat distress,chicken,etc.Sometimes in open areas were moving while blowing a hand call is a no no.

They surly have there place just becouse you turn on a e-caller DOESNOT mean coyotes will come running.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:03 PM

Uhhhhhh...........No in my state is in illegal. it is just cheating is u relay just simple u push a button.if u relay want to learn u will spend time practicing plus it makes it a whole lot more fun.
Old 08-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Calling coyotes with an e-caller is not cheating. I don't use one, but there is more to calling coyotes than making noise and shooting them when they come. For those that think it is easier to kill coyotes with an e'caller, you need to go try it!!