Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels.. >

hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels..

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels..

Old 07-21-2004, 05:54 PM

Default hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels..

because when i go to put out corn in my front yard the squirels eat it all before the deer can get to it.........man it makes me mad,all i want to do is see some deer and the darn little wankers eat all the frickin corn[:@][:@][:@][:@].....there has to be something done about this and im goin to do this with any of your help i can get.........also dont tell me to shoot them because if i could shoot them this post wouldnt be here.........any help please........any traps will work but ones that kill the squirrels would be better....

shootr[:@]
Old 07-21-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels..

i dont know why shooting thems out of the question but if its in a neighbor hood or something try a pellet gun but in most places trapping requires a lisence and i dont know of any traps to kill a squirrel but a small live trap should do the job just fine and you can "relocate" them to somewhere else
Old 07-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

why dont u shoot them you want a trap to kill um just shoot them wit a pellet gun or something like that shoot um in the *ss with a pellet gun they aint comein back pick up lil bb gun from walmarts 20$$ works good
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 PM

hey man the tree huggers are over grown around here!!!!!!!!!!,trust me i would shoot them if i could!!!!! I will try the pellet gun

shootr
Old 07-25-2004, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

when i use to live intown we had problems with them chewing up stuff in our yard like electrial wires and tht sort of stuff and i was in town so i couldent shoot a rifle or anything because the neighbors would call the cops so i got a pelletgun at walmart with a scope for like $40 and id just pump it up 10 times when i saw one and crack the door and pop him with a pellet it did the trick everytime and no one ever noticed id usually wait a few minutes to make sure no one was looking then id go out and toss him in a bag or something inconspicuious(sp?) and then take it to the garbage but no one ever noticed or said anything
Old 07-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Are you sure it's squirrels and not coons ?
If so get a Hav-a-hart live trap and a license to use it . Tree rats are suckers for peanut butter . Homemade deadfall traps work well too , as do wire snares if legal .
If it's coons see if your town allows archery hunting for nuisance critters inside the town limits and start pounding them .
Don't do anything illegal .
Old 07-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

you can snare them.Take a stick about 3-4'' X 5-6 foot long hammer in some nails about 8-10" apart,almost all the way leave enough of the head sticking up to tie or wrap some heavy fishing line or strong pliable wire.make some small loops,( snares) lean the stick against a tree where the squirrels would run up and down it and bait it with peanut butter. Or in your case kernels of corn.
Elkshed
Old 07-26-2004, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

get some snare wire and make a slip knot on the one end and wrap the other end around a stick. place several snares in the stick and lean it on somthin around the corn. the squirrel will run along the stick and will stick his head through the loop, and as he runs it will tighen he will then fall off and be hung.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:20 AM

If they are bothering your corn you may try a wooden victor rat trap. Put a gob of peanut butter on the trigger and screw the trap to a board leaning against the tree. This will kill all but the largest fox squirrels.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drgildy

If they are bothering your corn you may try a wooden victor rat trap. Put a gob of peanut butter on the trigger and screw the trap to a board leaning against the tree. This will kill all but the largest fox squirrels.
thats a good idea when i was a mean little kid I use to put them big rat traps in my moms bird feeders and they killed squirrels pretty well

Quick Reply: hey guys i need some advise on trapping squirels..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.