Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what is goin on with yote hunting?

Old 03-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what is goin on with yote hunting?

went out this evening. seen 5 yotes this morning there and set up with a buds ecaller. nothin showed. tried a bunch of calls. what is the sequence of calling i am saposta use? and do i wana start with a howl or a rabbit distress? and when i seen them they were about 50 yrds off the road so would the pickup scare them out of there for awhile? we found a hole crap load of tracks and big ones at that. plus a fresh deer carcus out there too right were all the tracks run to in the middle so we set up by there. nothin showed. we still got some rabbits in another place so we got some shootin done.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:41 PM

Default RE: what is goin on with yote hunting?

It's breeding season. They won't be responding to calls as readily until after the pups drop, which is usually around April-May...