Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Why no varmint hunters???

Old 01-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why no varmint hunters???

All of the messages on this board have to do with predators for the most part. What happened to all the world's squirrel, prairie dog, rabbit, ground squirrel hunting population??? It seems like no one on here talks about shooting prairie dogs, squirrels and rabbits are almost as rare, and what about coons?? Never hear anything about them either???

GOTTA LOVE THAT MARLIN MAGIC!!!!
Old 01-05-2002, 05:47 PM

Default RE: Why no varmint hunters???

I love varmint hunting, It's a good way to keep your shooting form good for big game. I guess people just have more questoins about the predators than they do about the smaller game animals.
Old 01-05-2002, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

i used to do alot of rabbit and squirrel hunting.i do alot of woodchuck huntin in the summer and i would love to go out west and burn a barrel out on prairie dog shooting.i also used to do alot of coon hunting but since the rabbies epidemic around 12 or so years ago it all but wiped out the coon population.today you very rearly see a good sized coon,there all small.its just changing times i guess.
Old 01-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-06-2002, 02:39 PM
Spike

I love to hunt rabbits ground hogs ect. I love to hunt the small game.
Old 01-06-2002, 03:58 PM

I love to small game hunt also. I went out today and got 2 squirrels and missed one.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:18 AM
Fork Horn

The rabbit, squirrel, and coons are easy pickens around here. They are easy even for my 6 year old. Have many questions and awful luck with the predators though.
Old 01-14-2002, 07:01 PM

I love to go praie dog huntin.
Old 01-15-2002, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

Here in NC, we don't have P-dogs, but we do have rabitts, squirrels, and ground hogs. I try to break out the 10/22 and bag a few bushy tails this time of year. I haven't been rabbit hunting in a few years and I sure do miss it. But ground hogs will be out here in about 90 days, so it's time to breka ou tthe big guns that shoot tiny bullets and get some range time in.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:53 PM

Most of us do hunt varmints in the summer time.

Quick Reply: Why no varmint hunters???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.