Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

coon dogs???

Old 01-06-2004, 02:39 PM

Default coon dogs???

I have been wanting to get some coon dogs for a while now and have been looking on the internet to find a good place to get a started dog or two and a couple of puppies but can't seem to find and anywere near me.Does anyone know of anywere in the southeast to get some good dogs. I would like Black and Tans. I can afford to spend about $1500 on a hopefully good dog, I would like to get a pair and maybe a couple of puppies any help is appreciated.Thanks
Old 01-06-2004, 03:54 PM

Default RE: coon dogs???

do you get the mag called american cooner or bloodlines or prohound....they list alot more good hounds for sale....there is all kinds of started dogs out there today....i have a 2 year old walker female that i made night champion about a month ago....i hunt with a guy that won black and tan days in illinois in 98 i believe....he raises black and tans real good bloodlines.....but i love walkers.....
there is plenty of black in tans in florida trust me.....what ever you do make sure you hunt with the dog you are going to bye to make sure if you like the dog or not.........$1500 bucks can get a real good started dog easy.......good luck on picking a coon hound....if you need any help on coonhunting let me no..

here is a website that will help you out on looking on black and tans

www.coonhoundcentral.com ... .. . .. then it will have links to other websites...
Old 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM

There are alot of web sites on coon dogs. Check coondawgs.com and coondogs.com or Prohound.com and go to classifieds If you have trouble email me. I have had coon dogs for years "WALKERS" but I wanted to tree coons LOL: Good Luck. "If its not a Walker its not a Coon Dog" not really when the lights are off they all look the same.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the classifieds at www.sqdog.com coon hounds will be listed there but also treeing cur coond dogs as well.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a pair of UKC registerd Treeing Walker hounds, my bitch is going to welp within the next month unless something bad happens, we're in Kansas, but we ship aussie show pup's all over the world, might as well ship our coon hounds...already have several "orders" from guys in North Carolina and West Virginia for this litter-hadn't even advertised we were having pups yet! [email protected] if you're interested.