Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

are crows an indication...?

Old 02-05-2002, 06:42 AM
Spike

Default are crows an indication...?

I am starting to get into calling coyotes and foxes, but I've only been out a couple of times, with no real success... except that when I'm calling, tons of crow will start circling above me and make a hell of a lot of noise... Does that mean I'm doing the right thing... is it sounding alright? I have a tape that I'm going to try, it's snowshoe in distress... but my call is a lohman, and I think it's a cottontail, so the tape and my call don't sound the same... Anyway, I was just wondering if the crows were coming to the call because it sounded real, or if crows will just come in to anything... and can the crows ruin it? Will yotes still come in when there are all kinds of crows making noise??
Old 02-05-2002, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: are crows an indication...?

Crows, owls, hawks, magpies are all good indicators that you're sounding good enough to bring in a predator, as a matter of fact, I like it when crows show up and are caring on, just tells the predator that he is missing out on some action.
Old 02-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: are crows an indication...?

i agree