Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Calls

Old 01-24-2020, 07:53 PM
Spike

Default Calls

What’s your go to predated call ?
Old 01-25-2020, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, my go-to calls are a Brad Gainey cottontail distress made from buffalo horn and yellow box elder burl (yellow & black front) and a Doug McCarty open reed distress made from acrylic with a delrin tone board (blue at rear right). Beside those on my “go-to” lanyard, I have a Will Horting double reed distress call made from pronghorn horn (front left), a Jered Brisby coaxer made from buffalo horn (center), and a John Ryan howler, also made from buffalo horn (top). You might notice by that list, I prefer the sharp, crisp sounds made by horn and acrylic over the duller tones of antler and lower density woods.

Old 02-04-2020, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a FoxPro Shockwave with a variety of different calls programmed into it. My coyote calling experience is far below most of the guys on this forum, but the one call that's worked pretty well for me is Cottontail Dist 1. Of course, that's also likely because its the first call I use in a stand.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:00 AM
Spike

Nomercy448 - That front and center closed reed call looks like it came from TN.

Old 02-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by coyotejim
Nomercy448 - That front and center closed reed call looks like it came from TN.

Indeed, it’s a Brad Gainey call, aka “TNyotehntr”. I have 3 calls from him, the Buffalo horn and yellow box elder burl pictured above, and a matched pair, open and closed reed, of hippo ivory and red morel.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 02-17-2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 04:51 AM
Spike

Old 05-12-2020, 06:50 AM
Spike

Hi everyone!! I run a fox pro shockwave alot of sounds on it. I have several custom made hand calls. I like a jackrabbit sound over a cottontail in Arkansas. Also the bird sounds too.