Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote Help

Old 02-15-2018, 04:49 AM
Spike

Default Coyote Help

Hi all my name is Scott and after many years away from the sport of hunting I have come back at the young age of 65. I live in Hampton Roads and I'm looking for any tips or hunting ares for Coyote hunting. I've been hunting Cavalier wildlife, Big woods and Charles City. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Pappyy
Old 02-16-2018, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have found getting permission to hunt Private Property is fairly easy when hunting varmints only.

Al
Old 02-16-2018, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I printed up some flyers, a short Bio about myself, a couple of references, what I'm interested in hunting. I pop them in mailboxes in likely spots. One of my favorite areas is brush/wild areas next to cultivated fields. Alfalfa fields are most always a winner, lots of Rabbits and Rodents, lots of predators.

Funny thing about those fliers. in my Bio I always mention I'm a Refer Tech. and welder I've gotten more work that way than hunting areas, but it got my foot in the door. Something always broken on a farm, trading skills for hunting has worked out well for me. If I wasn't old, tired and retired, I could likely start a new business.

Don't hesitate to think out of the box. I hunt graveyards and Golf courses. I have a .222 with a can, I like Rabbit (yum) and where there is Rabbit there is Yote and Fox. Nesting areas for waterfowl is also a likely spot, Yote and Fox are nest robbers. Ducks are stupid, they nest the same spot every year and even the same nest again after it has been robbed.

Predator hunters are welcome most places after the property or lease holder has figured out you are to be trusted and responsible.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Read some books,buy a few Predator Hunting magazines,join some more Predator Hunting Sites,talk with some experienced Predator Hunters...learn the proper and succesful ways of Hunting Coyotes...go out and try it a few times,enjoy being out in the Woods and it will turn into a Fun Hobby instead of a Chore.

Here are 2 Sites I reccomend to join that talk about Coyote Hunting as well as Bobcats,Foxes,Hogs and Crows just to name a few You can consider too.
www.predatormasters.com
www.gofoxpro.com