HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote Help
Thread: Coyote Help
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 06:30 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

I printed up some flyers, a short Bio about myself, a couple of references, what I'm interested in hunting. I pop them in mailboxes in likely spots. One of my favorite areas is brush/wild areas next to cultivated fields. Alfalfa fields are most always a winner, lots of Rabbits and Rodents, lots of predators.

Funny thing about those fliers. in my Bio I always mention I'm a Refer Tech. and welder I've gotten more work that way than hunting areas, but it got my foot in the door. Something always broken on a farm, trading skills for hunting has worked out well for me. If I wasn't old, tired and retired, I could likely start a new business.

Don't hesitate to think out of the box. I hunt graveyards and Golf courses. I have a .222 with a can, I like Rabbit (yum) and where there is Rabbit there is Yote and Fox. Nesting areas for waterfowl is also a likely spot, Yote and Fox are nest robbers. Ducks are stupid, they nest the same spot every year and even the same nest again after it has been robbed.

Predator hunters are welcome most places after the property or lease holder has figured out you are to be trusted and responsible.