Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Eating yotes or wolves?

Old 12-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

You eat PIG every day, and they are the nastiest animals on the planet.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fox Hound
Yeah well, I'm all set for predator hunting but I got some hard time killing yotes or wolves and let them rot there. I'm more of the type that eat what I kill and seems like I'd take the meat out of them.

Not really fond of eating canine either but I could get over that with a bit of convincing.

My main concern was that they were scavengers but after some research on google it doesn't seem to be a problem. Specially when doing beef jerky and that's what I intend to do.

So, anyone here ever ate yotes/wolves ?
Just look at it as saving a great number of deer and elk fawns and there's no way you could ever kill too many ! And no I never ate one and never would !
Old 12-30-2016, 04:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know two people who have eaten coyote but I have never been hungry enough to eat anything that stinks as bad as coyotes and foxes. If I was starving I might with no other choice available.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the blur
You eat PIG every day, and they are the nastiest animals on the planet.
I DON'T EAT PIG EVERY DAY??????????

if you don't shoot every coyote you can, they may take after the deengo an eet youre baibbee
Old 12-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

We all know if it came down to it, you would be happy to have it to eat.

Until then; be my guest !!!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
We all know if it came down to it, you would be happy to have it to eat.

Until then; be my guest !!!
I was trained many many moons ago to eat things that would make most people run for the hills. Any Marine from before 1975 will know exactly what I am talking about too. Unless someone was holding a gun to my head and both my arms were broken and couldn't take it away from them, or I hadn't eaten in literally a week, maybe 2, I would NOT eat one of those nasty critters! I noticed someone brought up how some predators tastes great while others are pretty awful. I've also heard just about any of the wild cat families are quite tasty. I myself have never tried any. Back when I used to trophy hunt I got a couple of Mountain Lions but didn't even think to ask about the meat from them. The guy who I was hunting with said he uses it for his dogs so after I caped them I gave them to him. 2 hunts, 2 very nice Toms and here I was clueless about the supposed good flavor of the meat. I have been told it's because the wild cats don't scavenge (unless starving) while Wolves, yotes, and most other canine breeds do and do so quite often. Who knows. All I know is, anyone that says the inside of a yote don't small like the seven layers of hell covered in crap, is one nose dead person!!!
Old 12-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Fox Hound
I'm a bit at lost, heard some horror stories about parasite in canine that is quite harmful to us. Still it might just be stories from people that doesn't know nothing.

I've seen some tv show where a guy's eating raw meet with maggot on it. Can't be worse than that I guess.
https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/echino...o/ae-faqs.html

I skin Fox wearing rubber gloves and a breathing mask, wash my clothes afterword above 160 F.

No cure, only treatment is surgery, 97% of people infected die within 10-20 years. Some areas 50% of the Fox and Yotes are infected. The dried Yote or Fox scat containing the eggs can make the eggs airborne (dust) and you can breath them in.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 12-30-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

How many of you just buy the steaks labeled as Angus beef and not demand a DNA test to prove you are indeed getting Angus.

Sort of what I thought no one does.

So at a wild game dinner you just take it a face value the game is labeled correctly.

I properly cook coyote on the grill, crock pot and it is as safe as the slaughter house beef and pork people buy and get sick eating because it was cut up on crap covered tables and stuff.

Do a search on recalled beef and tell me that stuff in your grocery store is totally safe to eat.

Al
Old 12-31-2016, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

<li abp="522">Dec 9, 2016 FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Possibly Undercooked Ready-To-Eat Chicken Products That Have Been Incorporated Into Other Food Products | En Español<li abp="525">Oct 9, 2016 FSIS Issues Public Health Alert for Chicken Product Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination | En Español<li abp="529">Jul 20, 2016 FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Pork Product Due To Possible Salmonella Contamination | En Español<li abp="533">Mar 7, 2016 FSIS Issues Public Health Alert For Imported Chicken Product Foreign Matter Contamination<li abp="535">Prior Years

September 24, 2016 – Adams Farm Slaughterhouse, LLC, an Athol, Mass., establishment, is recalling beef, veal, and Bison products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

Sept. 27, 2016 – Caviness Beef Packers, a Hereford, Texas establishment, is recalling approximately 2,100 pounds of boneless beef trim products that may be contaminated withE. coli O103, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

September 30, 2016
Silver Springs Farms, Inc., located in Harleysville, PA , late Friday recalled approximately 740 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).

Think your grocery store meat is safer than a wild coyote you can personally inspect become the kill and during the skinning?

I think not.

Al
Old 12-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

I've never eaten coyote (or fox) and have no interest in trying it. Having said that, the OP will have to get his yote and tell us if he agrees with alleyyooper or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.